Second Wedings of Mature People

dioptic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Howdy,

A relative has asked me (at no charge) to take photos of his wedding. I'll be "the photographer". YIKES! I've never done a wedding before. The bride and groom are in their 40's. The wedding is the second one for each of them. The wedding will be in this place http://www.thewoodward.com/images/chapel2.jpg The owner of the place says the lighting is "intimate" which I translate as "dark". I shoot with a 20D and 420EX Speedlite. I have a Canon 50mm 1.8 lens, Canon 18-55mm 3.5 lens, and a Quantary 70-300mm 4.0 lens. I'm considering getting a Sigma 28-70mm 2.8 lens.

I've asked the groom to supply me with answers to questions about what they expect, what color is the bride wearing, does the pastor allow flash, what time is the wedding, may I be on the altar, what specific shots do they want, may the photographer drink at the reception, etc.

How does a photographer take meaningful photographs of the ceremony without getting in front of people and just generally not being in the way?

I'll take any tips you care to provide.

Thanks.

dioptic

dioptic said:
How does a photographer take meaningful photographs of the ceremony without getting in front of people and just generally not being in the way?

I'll take any tips you care to provide.

Thanks.

dioptic

If you can find a place to rent a 70-200 f2.8 IS, that would be a good start. If not, bump up your ISO setting you may find yourself needing to even with a 2.8.

Most reactions

Back