Secret Garden, France and Greece

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Meysha, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I can't remember if I've posted these or not before, I don't think so. I was just looking through my photos and realised that I hadn't posted in the nature/landscape section yet. shock horror.

Hopefully, I'll be hanging out in here a lot from now on.

I took this first photo in Corfu, Greece when I was over there a couple of months ago. Taken on my little P&S, so I was sooo stoked that I ended up with a little bit of narrow depth of field in there! yay! :cheer:

[​IMG]

These two were taken in the small North Western French town of Morlaix. I got stranded in this town because the stupid train people decided to have a strike while I was on holidays. Anyway, I finally got home to Toulouse and all was good.
    So I was wondering, which one of these two do you prefer? if any.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. aprilraven

aprilraven TPF Noob!

i love the first shot so much..the daisy's are right on....

that is just so good!

3. speciespython

speciespython TPF Noob!

I really like the 1st one :D , epecialy the way the shadows fall on the petals, although it's a pitty that there is a 'white thing' in the background, which i'll assume is a van (?) Also the way the handrails in the 2nd one leads the eye 'down' the picture. i like it best in back and white :thumbup:

laura

4. bluesaphyer

bluesaphyer TPF Noob!

Beautiful photos. I like the 2nd photo in B&W best. It gives it a very dark and mysterious feeling. It makes me wonder what sort of thing I might encounter at the bottom.

Julie

• Like Like x 1
  5. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    b&w :thumbup: :thumbup:

6. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

wow, beautiful shots! love the b&w and that stairway is awesome!

7. Meysha

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I know!! I'm sooo pissed off that's there. That flower one is straight out the camera too. I haven't been bothered to edit it yet, so hopefully when I get around to it, I'll be able to bring out some detail in those highlights in the petals.

Thanks for saying that you guys prefer the b&w one. It's my favourite too. But my family was saying that they hate it, and they much prefer the colour one. *hmpf* Parents. hehehe.

8. Randog

Randog TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice shots! Love the 2nd one and the BW.

9. Mansi

Mansi TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    uh oh the b/w rocks girl! :cheer: :salute: it has a stunning quality about it :thumbsup:
    the flowers are sweet too.. bummer about the van.. you could probably crop it off a bit from the top.. it should work well too :D
    thanks for sharing :D
    :thumbup:

10. Meysha

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yeah i thought about cropping, but it just looked unbalanced then. I think I'll just leave it and learn for next time to make sure my background is perfect.

I've just logged on here on a different computer and wow... the photos look completely different. They, if I must say so myself, look great on this monitor. On my laptop which I always use, the petals were pretty much all blown out highlights... but on this monitor I see detail! :shock: ok,... I'll stop admiring my own work now. :blushing: I really need to check out the settings for my laptop monitor. :-(

Thanks again for your comments. They definately restored a bit more confidence in myself!

11. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    I do like the last one... dunno why but b&w photography starts to intrique me... somehow...

12. JTHphoto

JTHphoto TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Love the flowers, makes me feel like i'm right in the middle of them. I like both the stairwell shots for different reasons, it's funny how the same shot with and without color can have a completely different feel to it. If I had to pick, i would say the B&W too, the contrast really brings out the depth, the railing draws you right down the stairwell...