Secret Garden, France and Greece

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can't remember if I've posted these or not before, I don't think so. I was just looking through my photos and realised that I hadn't posted in the nature/landscape section yet. shock horror.

Hopefully, I'll be hanging out in here a lot from now on.

I took this first photo in Corfu, Greece when I was over there a couple of months ago. Taken on my little P&S, so I was sooo stoked that I ended up with a little bit of narrow depth of field in there! yay! :cheer:

Corfu-Flowers.jpg

These two were taken in the small North Western French town of Morlaix. I got stranded in this town because the stupid train people decided to have a strike while I was on holidays. Anyway, I finally got home to Toulouse and all was good.
So I was wondering, which one of these two do you prefer? if any.

PICT4997.jpg

PICT4997Duotone.jpg

I really like the 1st one :D , epecialy the way the shadows fall on the petals, although it's a pitty that there is a 'white thing' in the background, which i'll assume is a van (?) Also the way the handrails in the 2nd one leads the eye 'down' the picture. i like it best in back and white :thumbup:

laura

Beautiful photos. I like the 2nd photo in B&W best. It gives it a very dark and mysterious feeling. It makes me wonder what sort of thing I might encounter at the bottom.

Julie

b&w :thumbup: :thumbup:

wow, beautiful shots! love the b&w and that stairway is awesome!

speciespython said:
although it's a pitty that there is a 'white thing' in the background, which i'll assume is a van (?)
I know!! I'm sooo pissed off that's there. That flower one is straight out the camera too. I haven't been bothered to edit it yet, so hopefully when I get around to it, I'll be able to bring out some detail in those highlights in the petals.

Thanks for saying that you guys prefer the b&w one. It's my favourite too. But my family was saying that they hate it, and they much prefer the colour one. *hmpf* Parents. hehehe.

uh oh the b/w rocks girl! :cheer: :salute: it has a stunning quality about it :thumbsup:
the flowers are sweet too.. bummer about the van.. you could probably crop it off a bit from the top.. it should work well too :D
thanks for sharing :D
:thumbup:

yeah i thought about cropping, but it just looked unbalanced then. I think I'll just leave it and learn for next time to make sure my background is perfect.

I've just logged on here on a different computer and wow... the photos look completely different. They, if I must say so myself, look great on this monitor. On my laptop which I always use, the petals were pretty much all blown out highlights... but on this monitor I see detail! :shock: ok,... I'll stop admiring my own work now. :blushing: I really need to check out the settings for my laptop monitor. :-(

Thanks again for your comments. They definately restored a bit more confidence in myself!

I do like the last one... dunno why but b&w photography starts to intrique me... somehow...

Love the flowers, makes me feel like i'm right in the middle of them. I like both the stairwell shots for different reasons, it's funny how the same shot with and without color can have a completely different feel to it. If I had to pick, i would say the B&W too, the contrast really brings out the depth, the railing draws you right down the stairwell...

you need to crop a bit from the top of the flowers image, I don't think the car roof top looks good in it.

The B&W simply beautiful

AR

Most reactions

Back