Sedona,Arizona

woodhouse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First posting of picture. Any feedback will be appreciated!

DSC_0214.jpg

wow thats really beautiful the sky looks really weird, like the clouds at the top in the middle look really low down, nice!

Thanks, you guys.

santino said:
nice pic, where is it, Arizona ;) ?

Yes. It's Sedona, Arizona which is famous for its red rock. Kinda like Monuement Valley, but different. It is between the Grand Canyon and Phoenix. Here is another one.

DSC_0116%20_1.jpg

Of course, PhotoShop is used on this one. Any suggestions?

Nice pictures. I like both of them although you probably need to brighten the first one a little and may have very slightly overdone the saturation on the second. Although the size of the place and amount of beauty in every direction makes you want to get it all in a picture, the best pictures of Sedona seem to concentrate on smaller areas, like just Cathedral Rock or a smaller formation.

I lived in Sedona for about 6 months in 1978, there were only about 4-5000 people there then although it was starting to boom bigtime. A great many of John Waynes Westerns were filmed in and around Sedona. If you are not familiar with Sedona you think you are just seeing generic western scenery. If you've lived there you realize that probably 90% of the scenes were filmed within a five mile radius, maybe less. A lot of TV commercials were filmed there, I used to see about one a week. I haven't seen many lately but I just saw a couple last week. They were filming from over east of Sedona with some of the Redrock in the background. It's hard to get pictures in Sedona without houses now it has grown up so much. Most of John Waynes sets are now subdivisions.

For the last 7 years, I visited Sedona at least once a year. And I found I am surprised by its beauty every time. I do notice that there are more houses built and it is getting more corwded too.

Drdan, thanks for your suggestions on these two pictures. I agree with you. Just on the first one, I tried to make it more bright, but when I light it up, the clouds became burned out. I am still very new to Photoshop, but I will keep working on it and see if I can make it better.

Thanks again.

-woodhouse

Most reactions

Back