Sedona Az (Redrock Country)

Watchful

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sedona AZ1.jpg

Love the red rock. Which of the many "towers" is this one? I was there this spring and although it looks a bit familiar, I don't quite recognize it - maybe its the angle.

WesternGuy

We have a place in Sedona and so as we wander we see a lot of different angles on things. I don't know any of the names for the formations and didn't realize people had even named them. Lol
I am sure that whatever name it has now isn't the real name anyways.

Last edited:
You captured the colors nicely.

lol, no that is the actual colors there. :)

Didn't realize Sedona had color fringing around high contrast areas along the sky.

We have a place in Sedona and so as we wander we see a lot of different angles on things. I don't know any of the names for the formations and didn't realize people had even named them. Lol
I am sure that whatever name it has now isn't the real name anyways.

Love to have a place in Sedona, but I am afraid the summers would be a bit too hot for me. The rock strata all have formation names - geologists tend to do that sort of thing, but I was more interested in the entire "hunk" of rock. I know that near Oak Creek there is the Bell Rock and the Courthouse and that just north of Sedona there is something called the Snoopy rock, because if you see it from the airport lookout, it sort of looks like Snoopy lying on his back. There is also one called Cathedral Rock and all I remember of it is that it is near a park along a river (Oak creek?). Don't know if that helps.

This site will give you some idea of what things are called - you might have to scroll down a bit - Google

WesternGuy

We only spend a couple weeks there a year, we also have a new place in the White Mountains at 6,500 feet that we summer at for the most part. It's usually 30 to 35 degrees cooler there. Sedona is great in spring and fall though. And during football season I have our house in the valley a few blocks from Cardinal Stadium. :)

Didn't realize Sedona had color fringing around high contrast areas along the sky.
That's jpg compression artifacts. The original photo has no artifacts. I made the file smaller to upload faster. :)

Whatever you say. I've never seen compression somehow introduce a bunch of CA that wasn't originally there

Thanks for stopping by, and for the great comments.

This is a great time of year to visit Sedona if there are any people here interested in seeing this beautiful spot. While there be sure to check out the art scene.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back