Sedona Sunset

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spent most of yesterday in Flagstaff shooting some fall colors, but decided to stop by Sedona on the way home for a few sunset photos at Cathedral Rock.

1. Cathedral Rock, Sunset
IMG_9057a_share.jpg

2. Cathedral Rock & Reflection, Twilight
cathedralvortex_9099finalshare.jpg

3. Tried to salvage this one, but still not sure about it. I'm thinking a split or graduated ND filter would have helped...

Cathedral Rock & Oak Creek
cathedralandoakcreek.jpg

The first picture acts as a perfect 'tester' to the second. The reflection in the puddle is just the cherry on top of the first :) Living even close to these beautiful landscapes must be amazing.

#2 is great! Wonderful area.

"Cherry on the top" is just the right expression for what the reflection in the puddle does to the second photo. I saw the first and thought wow, then came the second and my WOW became bigger and bigger!!! Very WOW.

But also the little splash of orange colour in the water in the third is nice!!! Well seen and captured!!

Thanks everyone.
Raymond J Barlow said:
I really like the 1st shot JTH, but it doesn't cover your best ever..u know what I mean!
Thanks Ray, I intended to go to the same spot, but I think it was under water, as I obviously walked right by it and didn't recognize it. A lot changes in 8 months i guess. These were taken probably 1/4 mile or so upstream.

Great shots J, really dig the second one.... good job man :thumbup:

Oh man, are those ever sweet sweet shots!!! Awesome. I envy you living so close to such an amazing spot.

Love 2's reflection and color and compo.

WOW

I'd have to go with number 2 as my favorite

one more from my short stay at Cathedral Rock... the lighting/exposure/polarizer really brought the red out in this shot.

IMG_9091c5x7-1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back