Seeing Serenity?

Dweller

Inconspicuous Supporter
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Serenity opens this weekend. The movie is based on a short lived but much loved series on Fox called Firefly.

Anyone have plans to see it?

I will be seeing it at 11:30 today I think.. if my plans work out.

:smileys:

I almost went and saw it the other day, eventhough I knew nothing aout the story line. Just because it had a really awesome poster up in the cinema. It was great! Gawsh... you know you're a photography nerd when you consider going and seeing a movie based on the technical qualities of its advertising poster. :confused:

very much looking forward to it. It feels weird to be into this, since I dislike most sci/fi stuff. But it was a really well written show.

If I remember right, it was but into the abyss of Friday night programming. Not many come out of that and lives.

I plan to see it but i didn't really like the tv show...whedon is a good director but i thought the concept of cowboys in outerspace was silly
Im gonan go see it to encourage the studios to make FARSCAPE the movie...which is loooonnnn overdue...i miss that show. :(

I want to see it a lot, I believe it's out in the UK if not now then soon and I plan to see it pretty much straight away, I love the humour in it, it's quite dark and still very funny. The effects look good and if Buffy and Angel are anything to go by it should be a thoroughly enjoyable if slightly shallow romp through space.

Daniel said:
If it was much loved why was it short lived?

I don't plan on seeing it.

The combination ofthe timeslot it was put in and Fox TV executives meddling to the point that they destroyed the show. One example is telling the creator on friday afternoon to write a second pilot and have it on their desk by monday morning. He had already written a 2 part pilot that introduced the backstory and the characters (Serenity parts 1 and 2) but was now forced to reinvent the wheel in one episode (the Train Job).

Fox also aired episodes out of order including airing Serenity last.

I will let the Series DVD sales numbers speak for me when I use the term "much loved".

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/286723/102-1304775-6588127]#24 on Amazons list of top 100 DVD's[/ame]

Serenity made 3.9 million on its opening day coming in second behind the Jodie foster movie.

I saw it and loved it. Anyone else have a chance to see it yet?

I will be seeing it in about 2 hours. I wasn't into this show when it first ran but after hearing how much the Fox morons messed with it I decided to rent the DVD's and give a second chance. I was more than pleasantly surprised. The story arc and character development are unsurprisingly much better when viewed in the correct order. :)

"I'll be in my bunk" - Jane

Most reactions

New Topics

Back