Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can someone pls enlighten me on how to convert a selection into a layer in CS3? I've gone through the help files, but can't find anything. All I want to be able to do is select an area, and convert/promote it to a layer.

TIA

Yup, copy & paste. Or press ctrl+J

A great book on layers is out there - I just read it...it's called Layers: The complete guide to photoshop's most powerful picture.... very good read (I'm a noob and knew nothing about layers).

D'ohhhhhh... [Where's the smacking forehead smiley when you need him?] Thanks!
Hehe, no problem! :greenpbl:

A great book on layers is out there - I just read it...it's called Layers: The complete guide to photoshop's most powerful picture.... very good read (I'm a noob and knew nothing about layers).

Hmm. I'd like to take a look at that, too! Using layers is really such an integral part of photoshoping at least for me. There's SO much you can do with them!

The book is really designed for people that know nothing about layers, opacity, fill, or blending modes, and most importantly layer masks. If you know and understand that stuff, you don't need the book. I didn't know anything about that stuff.

Most reactions

Back