selective color

NJKILLSYOU

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
c&c appreciated.

4147481137_c1f5e76b05_b.jpg

I'm generally not a huge fan of selective color, so I'm a little biased in saying this.
I think in this photo the selective color works better than in a lot I've seen, but still, if I wanted to make the leaf stand out, I would have just desaturated everything else slightly as opposed to making it completely grayscale.

Well, I like selective color if used tastefully. I think this one might have worked better in SC if the background was in better focus (increased DOF).

I think selective color can really work with certain items. I like this, it is fun and catches the eye. The focus is on the red leaf and the eye is directed to it.

The post stands out beautifully and makes me wonder why and how that plant came to grow out of it.

So just for me, this picture tells a bit of a story...and that interests me.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...do what makes you happy!

c&c appreciated.

4147481137_c1f5e76b05_b.jpg
The leaves are at best a tiertiary element in the image with the foreground post and fence rail being the primary and secondary elements.

The leaves are in one of the weakest location in an image, a corner.

Your selective coloring does draw the eye, but to the detriment of 90% of the rest.

If the image were substanitially cropped it could be made much stronger.

If you would allow, I can show you your image with ROT on it and a version that has been cropped to take advantage of ROT and adjusted for contrast.

Did you notice the purple fringing around the leaves?

If you would allow, I can show you your image with ROT on it and a version that has been cropped to take advantage of ROT and adjusted for contrast.

i did notice it. and yes you may.

i did notice it. and yes you may.

4147481137_c1f5e76b05_bROT.jpg

4147481137_c1f5e76b05final.jpg

thanks for the feedback guys. i appreciate it.

Most reactions

Back