selective coloring--first try C&C please

To the OP,

I think you made a solid effort in selective coloring. I have the cognitive capacity to understand that you were simply giving it a run through, and I think it turned out fairly well.

In addition to that, I think Jedo needs to learn how to give constructive criticism. Also, I noticed that you put this in the "Beginners Photo Forum", which also means that Jedo should realize that you more than likely weren't doing this for any more than just fun/experimentation.

And tharmsen, I lolled quite heartily at your Grammar Nazi pic. Kudos.

After reading the whole thing I've had quite a good laugh!

The grammar pics are hilarious. Where on earth did Tharm find that picture of Colonel Klink? I absolutely loved that show growing up (granted, it was on TV Land and had been in syndication for twenty years, but still classic). And "Stop, Grammer Time" is now my Facebook status...

To the OP, it's not a bad first effort. If it were me (the C&C here) I would have P-Shoped out the stray hairs so that you wouldn't have to worry about coloring them. It also ups the image quality just a bit. Also the tiny imperfections going along the edges of her face and shoulders are noticeable, but you already know the slightly more time consuming method to take care of that. :) As for the shot itself, she's a beautiful girl and I like the effect you got with the lens at that distance. I would assume that it was intentional. Not something that you would go with for portraits all the time, but a neat twist for a photograph for you and her to enjoy.

After reading the whole thing I've had quite a good laugh!

The grammar pics are hilarious. Where on earth did Tharm find that picture of Colonel Klink? I absolutely loved that show growing up (granted, it was on TV Land and had been in syndication for twenty years, but still classic). And "Stop, Grammer Time" is now my Facebook status...

To the OP, it's not a bad first effort. If it were me (the C&C here) I would have P-Shoped out the stray hairs so that you wouldn't have to worry about coloring them. It also ups the image quality just a bit. Also the tiny imperfections going along the edges of her face and shoulders are noticeable, but you already know the slightly more time consuming method to take care of that. :) As for the shot itself, she's a beautiful girl and I like the effect you got with the lens at that distance. I would assume that it was intentional. Not something that you would go with for portraits all the time, but a neat twist for a photograph for you and her to enjoy.

Correct. I did that effect on purpose. I personally thought it looked neat. It wasn't meant to make her look like a top notch model with a picture that is 100 percent realistic. It was an artistic pic that I thought looked cool. And the selective coloring was just for fun. So Thank you for the comments. I'm sorry that this thread had to turn bad with "grammar nazi's" LOL. I love when my threads have 3 pages of replies and only like 3 are useful :lol

I feel like thats the problem with forums these days. They always get sidetracked. But oh well. You have better luck on here than taking your pictures and asking random people on the street ;)

I find these forums aren't too bad for getting sidetracked. There are a few threads that do, but most forums I visit tend to get sidetracked every other thread.

Most reactions

Back