spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!

I would like to try selective colouring on some of my pics, and I found a link on how to do this on the forum, unfortunately my PS does'nt allow all the required actions.
Is it possible to do this in PS5.0 LE ?And if so how can I do it?

Thank you for any help :)

I think you should upgrade to the newest version of Elements. Adobe Photoshop LE is not even supported anymore. I have no idea what it is capable, or how to tell you to do it.

Thank you!

I just figured out that I have PS elements 2 in my drawer and installed it...
is that version more up to date than the LE ?

I have no idea. It might be, but version 2 of Elements is quite old. It's up to 4.0 now.

I don't know how much control you have over layers in Elements, but I'm pretty sure you can't use masks in 2.0, so what you'd have to do is, duplicate your background layer, convert it to black and white, which I "think" you can probably do via editing the hue/saturation, and putting the saturation at 0. So then you'd have one copy of your image in black and white, and underneath, a normal color image. You'd have to very carefully use the eraser tool to erase the parts of the image you want in color. Your only recourse if you make a mistake would be to undo. I think Elements 4.0 allows the use of layers, and it also has many other features that I'm sure you'd find handy, so you might want to consider upgrading.

Thank you! I will try to do it that way, if it doesn't work I think i'll upgrade!
But anyway thanks for the nice help!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back