Selective Colouring or Black+White with Colour

jonmikal said:
COME ON GUYS.....HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS??????????

take your pic and get into photoshop. then, create a channel mixer layer and click monochrome. the paint with the color black, any thing you want in color!!!!

zoom in too!

md

jonmikal said:
COME ON GUYS.....HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS??????????

You can also desaturate the image then use the history brush to re-color whatever you want to have stick out. There are several ways to do it.

I use the lasso tool to select the area that I want self in color, then choose Select >> Inverse and then go to Image >> Adjustments >> Desaturate. Works good for me. The other ideas seem easier but I just can't get the hang of it because that's the way I learned.

Ahh, Xmetal, nice bright color, but you should make a guy's reflection into black and white as well as that bright orangy reflection next to him. Or maybe dissaturate it a bit

I love your photo, Andrea!

Yeah I asked him to move so I could take the shot but the lil' bastard ignored me. :x

might have a stab at your suggestion though ;)

it should be very simple - select his face and dissaturate. He's wearing a white shirt, so no need to worry about that. Oh, and dont forget the background through the rear window and reflection on the right side of the car, in the glass behind the door :)

Most reactions

Back