selective tree

HASHASHIN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
509377868_6186abd56f_b.jpg

Tell me what you guys think... i got a print of this and it looks amazing.

Coming from someone who isn't generally a fan of selective coloring, I think this is really nice :)

My God, how did you do that!?!?!
If you did it in the method I use for selective colouring (used, when I first learned about it, now I no longer use the technique at all), it must have taken you AGES to finish this!

And hey, this is one that I LIKE (for a change - when it was all new to me I liked it more, but I have come off it, but this is quite quite convincing).

Amazing. I guess it's very laborious work. Should look stunning on a large print.

My God, how did you do that!?!?!

I would guess by selecting the colour range, pretty effective usually.

selecting which is now coloured then takes only a few clicks.

anyway, regarding the image, not my favourite coulour, but that is just me ;) apart from that the effect is very nice and interesting.

the composition is a bit flat for me, composition wise the images seems to be about the lamp post, but it is about the blossoms I guess, a bit confusing.

thanks for all the kind comments everyone!! im glad most of you liked it

to alex, i can see what you mean...the tree was supposed to be the main subject...here is the original
476221633_0cf27f79aa.jpg

it just so happened there was a nice lamp post and trashcan in the way of these beautiful spring blossoms..so i did the selective coloring to take your attention away from the lamp post..and i cloned out the trash can..

i think it worked somewhat...but i guess since you pointed it out...its still a bit confusing...

wish i could have moved the darn lamp post..lol

The selective coloring makes the light post stand out even more.

I see there are chains behind the benches. Were you not able to walk around the tree to get the light post out of the frame? Selective color is usually pretty cheesy but you did a good job with this one. The black and white looks like a gray winter day and the pink blossoms sort of signify the coming of spring. Haha, sorry, I'm lame. :roll:

no walking on the grass....thats why i had to take it from this angle

glad you guys liked it!

Awsome picture your eyes just lock onto the pink petals, and just go all over the picture. The pink really accents the black and white of the rest of the picture. It must have taken forever, and a lot of patients working on the computer, congrads.
Wes

Most reactions

Back