Self And Spouse Business?

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We're a husband wife team at Larissa Photography. Any other husband / wife teams out there? I'm sure there are some solo people and probably big studio people. I'm just curious about what kind of mix there is.

My Wife and I are a team together. We work well together most of the time......

Been married 36 years this past October - SHE was the one to suggest we buy a Bass boat (she can handle a baitcast reel better than any man I know...lol), SHE was the one to suggest I buy a new pickup, SHE was the one to suggest I leave a secure well-paying Corporate job in 1996 to work for myself.

Then in 2000 she left her job as a RN to come to work with me.

We dropped out of the rat race, decided to let the rats win.

Photography is pretty much a sideline, but for before/after shots, and also use the same photos for customer's advertising and websites.

When I go shooting, she usually goes with me to watch my stuff, sometimes she likes to take the D40 and just shoot in auto, and she has a good eye for it. She has some very nice photos to show for doing it.

Tough job, but somebody's gotta do it...lol

It's quite common and good in the sense that you can advertise for two photographers, have a faster workflow and - the best part - you share your money. :)

It's quite common and good in the sense that you can advertise for two photographers, have a faster workflow and - the best part - you share your money. :)

Yeah, what's hers is hers, and what's mine is - hers...

lol

"Mine" was the first words I heard after our first D300 arrived (was away for work). I used to own alot of very good nikon equipment. Now, on a good day its "ours". On a normal day its "hers". :lol:

When my wife and I had the photo business back in new orleans she was in charge of posing and suggesting locations. She had a better eye for detail in posing then i did, so i just let her do her thing and i'd push the button.
Worked out pretty well, especially when we did kids pictures, which by the way, I absolutly HATED HATED HATED. did i mention i HATED it. But it seemed that that is what we got the most of so couldnt turn them down.:lol:

Not on a professional level, but I photograph and she scrapbooks... it's nice that we share interests that compliment each other.

Yep my wife and I are a husband and wife duo photographer. She's the blogger, marketer and accountant. I'm the editor, equipment addict and the official TPFer :lol:. We're still doing it part time but have been really contemplating this upcoming season into pursuing this as a primary career...

My girl is the assistant, hair & make up and writer of good emails. Generally speaking I want to fire her. Too bad my clients love her to death. She just has a way of communicating with the ladies to set them at ease.

Love & Bass

Hi my wife and I work together a lot. We are not pros, at least not yet. Would be nice to do this for a living though. When we aren't working real jobs we do run our website to try and sell some of our work.

She got me into it six years ago when I lived in Alaska. Easy place to get great shots. We seem to rotate getting a new camera every couple of years and share lenses and stuff. She likes Macro work, I prefer a big wide angle landscape shot. Guess we compliment each other.

www.heretotherephotography.com

Yeah sorry should have explained. was stationed there for two years with the U.S. Coast Guard. Went from mass. to Alaska to nantucket and then moved back to Western Mass. definetely some variety but made for a lot of photographic variety too.

My hubby became a full time photographer after being laid off from three jobs in three years. We figured the universe was trying to tell us something, so he decided to make a run with photography full time after that. I joined several years later once the business was well established. We did only high-end weddings, engagement portraits, and family portraits of our former wedding clients. Clients could buy one or two shooters - I was always the second. We've worked together for over 15 years now and I can't imagine it any other way!

My hubby became a full time photographer after being laid off from three jobs in three years. We figured the universe was trying to tell us something, so he decided to make a run with photography full time after that. I joined several years later once the business was well established. We did only high-end weddings, engagement portraits, and family portraits of our former wedding clients. Clients could buy one or two shooters - I was always the second. We've worked together for over 15 years now and I can't imagine it any other way!

Congrats! It's good to hear that you guys took a shot and got it to work for you. I just went full time back in July. Larissa had been running the studio by herself for a while. It was definitely a tough decision to leave my secure corporate job to take a chance on the studio. So far so good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back