self-indulgent pet photos

explody pup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My Buck. My Brother.

buck.jpg

Winston aka Winchester aka Peanut

winston.jpg

Great looking dawgs. You captured a lot of personality in these shots.

It looks like you have some great window lighting there...maybe your could try changing positions to that you are not getting the windows in the frame. The shot with the black lab is about the harshest contrast situation...even with the background most of the way blown out...there is still very little shadow detail. Turn it around with the light on his face...then you will have a real winner.

i think these are the first good pet pics, i have seen, and this forum is overrun with them.

great photo,

i love the 2nd one

Wow. Thanks for the responses. :)

The DOF struggle I'm referring to is the usual "I have no idea what I'm going to get" thing, so if it turns out good 90% of it is due to luck. :oops:

Yeah, the backlighting on the first photo was a problem. I would have gone other other direction and used the window as front lighting, but there was a bunch of furniture and a huge open space that would have been a distracting background so I decided to risk it with the big contrast between Buck and the window. I'm pretty happy with the large black/white contrast in that picture, despite the loss of some detail.

Cute pics! :D

Aaron

Most reactions

Back