Self-Portrait at Orchard

EJBPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I drove 45 minutes to this orchard area today to have fun with my camera (my computer has been broken for like 2 months so I wanted to shoot today since I haven't been able to) and I ended up with one lousy decent picture! Kind of boring, generic expression, but other than that, I like it. And it's purposefully cropped like it is- but you're welcome to critique that as well. It's just how I crop everything.

What do you think?

43oqsud.jpg

Actually this one isn't bad either. I took it like 20 minutes later.

34r6had.jpg

The first one would be really nice but the comp is really strange. A lot of dead space. If you were against the right side of the frame, and the trees filled the rest leading eyes from left to right towards you I think this would look really nice. The lighting is beautiful, the pose looks natural enough for me and I'm also pretty jealous that you're walking around like that while I'm wearing 6 layers freezing in the snow.

Where do you live that you can wear summer clothes in January because I am moving there!!!!!!!!! LOL.

I actually like the first photo better! Nice shot!

Floridia! It was actually a bit chilly today too.. compared to lately. I knew some epople would comment on the composition. I love dead space in photographs. I don't usually take portraits for the person in it- so perhaps they're not technically portraits :)

My post was moved... but I've always posted in the other forum since the day I started posting here. That's annoying....

Sorry, I forgot to drop you a PM when I moved the post.

We recently re-organized the forum and the 'weddings & portraits' forum is now part of the 'Business District' and is meant to be a place for working pros to post their for-hire type of work...and things relating to that.

This in no way means that I think you photos are less than professional or inferior in anyway.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience. If you have any thoughts on how the forum is set up, please leave us a comment in the feed back forum. Thanks.

You are a pretty lady and you did a nice job on the portraits. Good lighting and a natural look.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back