self portrait c&c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so, my C&C on this picture is, I like it....the lighting is verry cool and unique and I think that alot of seniors would like pictures like this....I think he was just looking for do you like or no and is there anything in this picture that could sell itself, and yes, I do believe there is....verry nicely done!!

In a world of boredom, I throw fuel on the fire... A quick gimp edit to clean up light, saturation, and skin...

1200102.jpg

In a world of boredom, I throw fuel on the fire... A quick gimp edit to clean up light, saturation, and skin...

1200102.jpg

The boy looks half blind here.

Wow this thread is ridiculous.... and i don't mean the OP, i mean some of these responses.

The next person who puts this guy down for no reason gets an infraction. This is not how we want this forum to be.

Ok so asking for C&C for a web cam pic is a little above some of your heads... but non of you have a right to say what this forum is for, or whether this kind of thing is allowed.
Its photography, of course it allowed here.

I think its extremely small minded to take this image on face value. If anything it says more about how uncreative the average photographer is nowadays.
Imagine if this was titled 'the screen staring back at me'.... or 'what technology see's' or something like that... (its first thing in the morning i can't think too sharply :p)... and maybe this was part of a series where you could see the place he was in was different in each shot.... as whole set they would be quite interesting, webcam or not....
Im not saying this was the OP's intention, but there is nothing wrong with experimenting.
I personally know a pro photographer who has a collection of mobile phone shots as well as his normal studio work... why not, he loves photography in all its forms.

Something to think about.

i'll step up and apologize here.

i had no idea what your intentions with the shot were er111a, so it was wrong of me to pass judgement on your image without knowing anything about it.
i have seen some brilliant images taken with cell phones and pinholes, so for me to jump on the fact it was taken with a webcam was ignorant.

please accept my apologies.

and arch, you are absolutely right...fact of the matter is, it;s a photograph, and he was sharing it and asking for our thoughts. who are we to deem it below standards for C&C.
my bad.

Dont worry about all the negative comments - have fun with ur webcam.

I do think what arch said was necessary e111 - but just look at what I wrote before - and follow that motto and you can ignore everything else, be happy with yourself man - and no words will bother you.

wow, i was going to say it looks like a webcam shot, then i read that it was, then i read all the flack you caught for it, so instead i'll say: i like the leading lines from the ceiling to your face. as well as how much light your eye reflected. i don't like this shot, but it has made me consider starting a webcam thread called "my webcam shots are better than your dslr shots . . . on all levels" and encouraging people to post, keep it up dude.

its not spam. the kid isn't a photographer. he took a picture with his laptop's camera. he should have used common sense and not posted this here as it does not belong.

i think he should stick to myspace

thats a bit harsh...its a photo forum...in the beginners section...anyone who cares to belong, belongs.

and a CC is anyone's opinion. if you cant accept mine, its a problem you have to deal with not me. i thought we were done talking about this.

ya it would be great if a moderator could lock it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back