Self Portrait: CC please

OK...I went to your Flickr photos. I only offer C&C from the perspective of your average photo enthusiast. A tad grainy in some pics. The lighting doesn't add much - just illuminates. From the view of how a model might have posed, I think they would look nicer if you used some of the standard poses.

yea, I would not know that. I was trying for more of a senior portrait pose.

Also, how can there be grain at ISO100?

It's called a watermark. Watermarks are there for a reason.
:lmao: To keep people from stealing your images. :lmao:

anyone have real good CC? if not then don't post.
:lmao: You know, that's just an invitation.

you're more than likely not going to get any real cc if the pictures aren't here...

most people on this forum (from what I've seen/learned) aren't going to copy and paste a link into another tab on their browser to give cc...

good luck with that ;)

Oh no you didn't!
:gun:

"...you've got red on you"

It's called a watermark. Watermarks are there for a reason.
:lmao: To keep people from stealing your images. :lmao:

anyone have real good CC? if not then don't post.
:lmao: You know, that's just an invitation.

you're more than likely not going to get any real cc if the pictures aren't here...

most people on this forum (from what I've seen/learned) aren't going to copy and paste a link into another tab on their browser to give cc...

good luck with that ;)

Oh no you didn't!
:gun:

:gun: to you too buddy ;) I can be a Bitch too :) lol

meh, whatever the male version of a Bitch is ;) You can be kinda mean sometimes ;)

Oh, you know what you should do... hehe

You should smile... Ya know why???

It'll make your butt tingle!

DAmn, and i was about to steal these and sell them on my website too

Here are some inputs from a real amateur....

First, in all the pics, the pose seems the same to me. They are just a variations of crop of the same pose?

Pic #1. Your right arm looks too "hot", much brighter than your face, so it's the first thing that I was drawn to. Also, you crop too close to the knee joints, making it seem like you are "leg less".

Pic #2. I'm not a fan of cutting off the top of the head, unless it's a close up shot of your face, and the rule of third is followed.

Pic #3. Lighting seems flat, not much constrast to me. Also, you crop to close to your wrist, making it seem like you got amputated.

For a senior portrait pose, I would hope you would be a bit less "serious", and at least smile some?

Just my $0.02 worth.

Just found your thread. Your photos look underexposed and straight out of the camera. Did you do anything in post? If I were shooting them, I'd probably have added a stop of exposure. Fixed the color inconsistency. And dodged and burned the heck out of them. I love doing stuff in post.

Did you shoot them in raw or JPG cause you can probably still get enough latitude out of them to bump up the highlights and burn a few sections.

Just found your thread. Your photos look underexposed and straight out of the camera. Did you do anything in post? If I were shooting them, I'd probably have added a stop of exposure. Fixed the color inconsistency. And dodged and burned the heck out of them. I love doing stuff in post.

Did you shoot them in raw or JPG cause you can probably still get enough latitude out of them to bump up the highlights and burn a few sections.

I always shoot in raw. I think I did some in post, I raised the exposes a bit. I think next time I will keep a low aperture 2.8 and just raise my shutter speed. I will get the same look but the background being more blurred.

Most reactions

Back