Self-Portrait (First Time)

wpgalex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you guys think, I don't have much equipment to work with as far as a studio, I only had a white wall and my Nikon D40 with my sb-400 flash.

Well technically it fine, but I’m not sure about the composition and what you’re trying to express to the viewer

While I agree with the above; I too don't get the composition... I also don't think it's technically fine. The top one is blown out, with obvious dodging/editing on the face to make the skin pop out, and the bottom one is overprocessed as well.

Thanks guys, I don't think I was trying to express anything to the viewer. It is pretty much open for discussion as to what the viewer sees.

I think the added glow is a little too strong because it does blow out the back wall. Thanks for your comments guys.

Although I prefer the composition/pose/feel of #1, the blow outs kill it. The right hand melts into the blownout background as well as the collar of the jacket. But on second/third look, it's also pretty cool. Where we can (at times) melt into the background, oblivious from others of our woes. Scrolling back up a few times, I actually like #1.

#2 :meh: I dislike mobile phones to a large extent.

I think that they're both good. They both have technical issues, but both are pictures that you might see out and about.. Sometimes blown out highlights are okay-depends on what you are trying to convey.. The second looks good in this tragic time for the global markets...

Most reactions

Back