self portrait w/ new lights

notelliot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i'm trying to get the hang of my new softboxes. shadows are really harsh, i think i need to either move them closer or get some diffusion panels. what do you think?

DSC_4643.jpg

sorry, don't know much about softboxes, but you made me laugh with this pic That's funny!
Thanks.

pascal

Maybe move them closer together? And possibly lower? The shadows look a little odd on your shoulder & around your waist.

I like the composition and pose but not sure about the spare floorboards in front od your feet. Could that be cropped or maybe set everything up turned 90 degrees so the floorboards lead to the subject, or even setup in a corner to make the floorboards diagonal? (or would that look odd?)

The shadows are quite harsh, not the lighting effect usually associated with softboxes, were they actually diffused at all?
Where were they placed, obviously one to camera left aiming more to the wall than at you, was there another?

they were a little bit too far from me, and probably too much natural light from the windows

there's one on camera left aimed at the background, and i had one more almost directly in front of me. i wish i could have had them lower, but i would have had to set them on the floor to do it and i just figured i'd lose a lot of control

oh, and i had the diffusion faces off, and just used the internal baffles

Most reactions

New Topics

Back