Self-portrait "Washing Up"

nickisonfire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My art teacher requested me to do some self portrait shots because I really don't have any, I figure I would do something that represents my personality. This shot pretty much sums up my type of humor and style of drawing, hope you guys like it, definitely would like some feedback

Strobist: HVL-f42am high camera left, set at 1/16th power shot through softbox

4030357264_434b692fa5_b.jpg

I find the picture pretty fun to look at...in a disturbing kind of way.

Nothing bad to say about it, concept is good, exposure fits the image, post processing is sweet.

The one thing that urks me is the reflection of the softbox in the wall being so clear. A bit of light, sure, but not the whole thing.

I think its VERY well done! everything about it seems to be spot on with what you were going for, showing your ribs like that brings just that much more to the picture, well done!

Well done. It's a very interesting and cool photo. I agree about the softbox, but didn't notice it right away.

The photo is awesome....but a bit better is the water was blood! haha that would be too creepy. :) Great job man!

Dope shot man, love the pp on it as well. The softbox reflection doesnt bother me that much cause I didnt really notice it at first glance until I read the post that mentioned it. I'm sure your teacher will like it.

Love the shot, but I immediately noticed the softbox and it was quite distracting. Awesome photo though.

Dude i got a sandwich with your name on it... DAMN..
Freaky pic but it dope!

Very cool photo. Makes me think of some of the images in the movie "The Wall."

But, yes, the softbox reflexion is a major problem. Some people may not have noticed it but anyone serious about photography needs to learn to pay attention to details. Often enough what kills a photo is the details.

Talking about details, it would have been better if all the candles were lit.

Something that is more of a personal preference is the curtain. I would have gotten it out of the way. But that is me.

Very brave self portrait. Brave... but disturbing. You could easily clone out the softbox.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

About the Softbox: I didn't actually even realize it until I was in post and since I decided to edit it in Lightroom (been using that a lot lately) I figured I would just leave the reflection in rather then having to open it back up in Photoshop, If this actually makes it into my portfolio for college I will definitely clone that out though.

Oh and the candles, They we're all lit, but as I stepped out of the bath the to check how my exposure was they got all wet :lol:

Would love to get some more C&C!

Great shot. The only two things I'd critique are the movement on the bottom of the filter of the mask (easily removed in PS) and perhaps remove the shower curtains and the blinds in the window to give more of a Holocaustic or psychotic effect. Also, the tiles are a bit too clean for the effect I think you're trying for.

Well done!

About Atvs: The movement I think your referring to is a shadow, and believe it or not I actually tried to dirty the tiles up a little in post, I guess I could have gone a little more however

Most reactions

New Topics

Back