Self Portrait with my new beauty dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty cool shot. I don't own a gun but borrowed one from a friend to do a similar shoot. Never got around to it and I returned the gun.

I like the cropped version better. I asl like the punch in contrast. The first version looked a bit soft. One thing I would try is to put a bit more light on the gun.

OK folks, time to remember that this is a photography forum and and as such it does not have possession of a political football to be kicked around. Please stick to comments about the quality or other wise of the photographic image itself. Thanks you.

I like guns.

Yah, they're really macho.

I think we should keep discussions on actual photography and not personal views on guns and gun ownership. If you dont like guns, or dont feel like commenting on the photography shown in the post because it involves a weapon, move on. And for the record, I am very anti-gun as well.

I would be happy to refrain from negative comments if you could also assure that positive comments glorifying guns will self-censor. I am not against guns per se, having spent 24 years in the Army but I think the macho glorification of guns is a silly, destructive part of American culture and deserves comment as much as images glorifying drug or alcohol use.

I would be happy to refrain from negative comments if you could also assure that positive comments glorifying guns will self-censor. I am not against guns per se, having spent 24 years in the Army but I think the macho glorification of guns is a silly, destructive part of American culture and deserves comment as much as images glorifying drug or alcohol use.

+ 1 million!

I like the shot however the crop so close to you is bugging me. I definitely think reshooting with more emphasis on the gun would make this photo stand out more.

What's the deal with the gun?

I like guns.

Yah, they're really macho.

Really???

I'm not sure what's queerer to me, the fact that some guy feels compelled to lecture a group of strangers on guns, ethics, and they're place in American mainstream or the fact that someone who sports a picture of Mother Theresa in their avatar would be so condescending.

Nothing to say about the lighting, shadows, higlights, conrast, or anything else that matters?

Last edited:
Really???

I'm not sure what's queerer to me, the fact that a complete stranger feels compelled to lecture a group of strangers on guns, ethics, and they're place in American mainstream or the fact that someone who sports a picture of Mother Theresa in their avatar would be so condescending.

Nothing to say about the lighting, shadows, higlights, conrast, or anything else that matters?

Well, you can take your pick on which one is stranger - or is 'queerer' some sort of wordplay.

Love the shot. Although im a Kimber type guy myslef. I wonder how it would turn out with a stainless gun or two tone (although I hate 2 tone) giving off some reflections. I think that would work better on the orig rather than the crop where I think the all black is a better fit. Great "shot"

this is the first time we've had a forum member step in with his political views, followed by a second member telling us not to express political views--and then having the audacity to express his OWN,negative views.
Nah, sadly it's happened a few dozen times over the years. :lol:

All: this is a photography forum, and an image was posted. If you don't like the image content, deal with that on your own time or in your own blog - but don't stir up nonsense here.

This is the second time a moderator has had to chime in. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back