Self-portrait with my new D300 :) c&c?

Shealyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so I'm just going to do it..post a pic :)

I do kinda wish I didn't cut my head off lol, but I still like the photo.
Anyway I was just playing around well the kids trashed the living room:lol:
3174416668_4eb9a2de1a_b.jpg

At first I thought wow, a lot of artifacting and noise, but then I clicked to open the window full and it turned out to be a very nice self portrait. I like it, but like you said it probably would be better in portrait mode so the top of your head wouldn't be cut off.

Shealyn: There's nothing wrong with cropping the top of your head. In fact, making sure you include the top of the head can be a very conventional way of thinking. What you may be objecting to here is the balance. Look at this cropping -- now the cropped head looks fine. This is a good self-portrait. Nice camera, but the subject is so much more interesting. Thanks for sharing.
shealyncropped.jpg

Do you have very large hands? That D300 looks tiny

Thanks for all the kind words everyone:blushing:

I don't think my hands are all that big, but maybe I'm wrong:lol:
I don't feel the D300 is much bigger then my D70....

Lens in question is 50 1.8 :D

It was a bit of a PITA to get this photo as my bathroom mirror is 3 small mirrors, oh well I'm always up for a challenge :lol:

Flop the negative over so that the nokiN reads right. It should be easy with your pp software. Then people will wonder how you took the picture.LOL Good shot, and I love the expression.
Judge Sharpe

Shealyn: There's nothing wrong with cropping the top of your head. In fact, making sure you include the top of the head can be a very conventional way of thinking. What you may be objecting to here is the balance. Look at this cropping -- now the cropped head looks fine. This is a good self-portrait. Nice camera, but the subject is so much more interesting. Thanks for sharing.
shealyncropped.jpg

Don't mean to jump on the bandwagon but Dick's absolutely correct. Cropping the head, no problem.

The only thing to add is a light behind you and to the right. This would be out of view of the camera, but still provide some lighting on your face and great catch lights (via the mirror).

-Nick

Most reactions

Back