Self Portrait

LoKaM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a hard time making this shot the way I wanted it to look without any photoshop processing..

I'd like to try this shot again so if you have any constructive critisicm please let me know :)

lalalalalang1.jpg

i'm assuming the shadow is on purpose? if so then my only critique would be that your left leg has to be more exposed, it is totaly black and makes u look like you only have on eleg.

Yeah well I don't think it's possible to have no shadow from that angle and the light that I need to use.

You are right about the leg though.

Love the concept, seems like you have a dream !

Given you only have that light source, and you really planned for the light to be there, producing just this very shadow (good idea, I like it), only just some tiny tweaking in PS would bring that leg back and voilà. Portrait done and a success!!!

This is nice and you've got some great ideas going on here. I have to echo the leg idea though.

Your pose does look a little stiff and unnatural to me, but this is still a very nice self-portrait.

This is nice and you've got some great ideas going on here. I have to echo the leg idea though.

Your pose does look a little stiff and unnatural to me, but this is still a very nice self-portrait.

That's what happens when you have 10 seconds to jump on the bed and try to look natural :D

By the way do any of you know what tool I should use on photoshop to bring the leg back to life ahahah.

That's what happens when you have 10 seconds to jump on the bed and try to look natural :D

By the way do any of you know what tool I should use on photoshop to bring the leg back to life ahahah.

Haha, I know what you mean. Like in my avatar, I got so frustrated with looking unnatural that I finally just set the custom timer to take like 10 frames and tried every pose/expression I could think of. I picked this one out of like 50... 90% of which looked so stupid and unnatural.

You might try curves ( I've never used PS, but I think it's called curves. It's called tone adjustment on my program).

Can anyone tell me exactly what tool I should use ?

Most reactions

Back