Self Portrait

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How do we take a self-portrait?

I thought so.

Or just hold out your arm and reverse the camera...I have a few pages of vacation photos of myself taken that way. I have a friend who's best vacations shots are of him & his girlfriend taken at arms length.

OK, so I'm drunk in most of the photos, but it's still an easy way to get a self portrait. :lol:

Self timer wide lens..... lots and lots of poses.... lol its funny how much silly faces you can make while taking a self portrait. LOL I know better now

There's the ever popular mirror! 8)

oriecat said:
Big Mike said:
Or just hold out your arm and reverse the camera...

Mine are usually out of focus when I try that way. I don't think my arm is long enough to get the minimum distance away. :lol:

What are you a T-REX?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

md

What ever the tech, always keep in mind that self portraits are mandatory in artistic development. Personally I shoot at least one every 6 months

Now, that's a scary thought. I've never taken one. It just seems so... boring. A picture of myself. I figured I'd have that as a class assignment at one point or another, but never did - figured I dodged that bullet. :wink: Now I feel like I almost have to. :?

Thanks, Craig! :p

craig said:
What ever the tech, always keep in mind that self portraits are mandatory in artistic development. Personally I shoot at least one every 6 months.

I think that this is a great idea. I'm going to start today. I'm doing a great job of documenting my world around me, but I've forgotton to document myself! And my family has stopped taking pics when I'm around, because they know I've got it covered (and it bugs the crap out of some of them anyway).

If you have a standard cable release socket you can get long cable releases. I have a modern built release that is a rubber bulb that you squeeze just like the old school releases; it's about 8 feet long.

Also I'm sure that many modern cameras have IR remote shutter operation, or accessories available.

terri said:
Now, that's a scary thought. I've never taken one. It just seems so... boring. A picture of myself. I figured I'd have that as a class assignment at one point or another, but never did - figured I dodged that bullet. :wink: Now I feel like I almost have to. :?

terri, terri, terri... you must do it! consider this an assignment! (Hmm maybe I need shark, manda or toby to properly assign it. ;)) It's not just a boring pic of you (ok, well it can be, just don't show anyone those!) but it becomes the face of you that you choose to show the world, it's empowering in a way.

terri, terri, terri... you must do it! consider this an assignment!

ok, ok.... I accept the assignment. Everything you said makes sense, as usual...... Can we make the due date after this bloody art festival, though? I'm having enough trouble preparing for that, without thinking about how not to look crosseyed into the lens at arm's length. :wink:

markc said:
With the 10D, you can trigger it with your laptop via a USB cable. Talk about overkill. :p

"That's one mighty fancy remote you've got there, sonny!"

OOOOOOH! Where in the manual would I find out how to do that?

Most reactions

Back