Self Portrait

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The one from my avatar, which some people have asked about...

bw_id.jpg

Ok...I have a message for Marge (I'm hoping I'm remembering her name right)....so Matt, you can't read this...just call that beautiful wife of yours over to read.

To Matt's wife:

Dayuuuumm, are you one lucky woman! :p (not that he's not lucky too. :) )

Sincerely,
Corry

Ok,Matt, you can read THIS...

...the lighting in this shot is simply AMAZING. I seriously hope I can someday get somewhere even CLOSE to the grasp you have on portrait lighting. Wonderful job on this!

Corry,

Thank you :p You are too kind. I'll make sure Marge gets the message, but truthfully, I am the lucky one.

The thing about lighting is, it is something you can easily learn, and replicate whenever you need. You've probably seen my recent portrait threads. I've been experimenting, and refining, my rim lighting (highlighting the edges of a person to separate them from the background) This was just me having fun experimenting some more and refining that technique.

It's a softbox on the right (my left), a 24" silver reflector on the left (my right), and to the back left, a silver umbrella splashing that rim light.

Great picture. It's all 'in place': the lighting, the clothes, your expression. Very good!

pascal

I really like it the lighting and everything is great,

I was wondering if you could possibly describe the light set up you used? Or even posta picture of it?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back