Self portraits (C&C)

Yep! 1224 x 1836 pixels is way to much resolution to be putting online. I have my TPF settings maxed at 800 px for the long side.

I should also mention that you can put Copyright Management Information (CMI) in the image EXIF data fields and in the image IPTC data fields at upload. Unfortunately, it's pretty easy to strip all that CMI data.
But, if you can prove it was stripped buy an infringer, you would have a stronger case.

Yep! 1224 x 1836 pixels is way to much resolution to be putting online. I have my TPF settings maxed at 800 px for the long side.

I should also mention that you can put Copyright Management Information (CMI) in the image EXIF data fields and in the image IPTC data fields at upload using DPP or other software. Unfortunately, it's pretty easy to strip all that CMI data, as is removing a copyright notice or logo.
But, if you can prove it was stripped/removed buy an infringer, you can show an infringement was 'willful'. (Cha-Ching)

I should also mention that you can put Copyright Management Information (CMI) in the image EXIF data fields and in the image IPTC data fields at upload using DPP or other software. Unfortunately, it's pretty easy to strip all that CMI data, as is removing a copyright notice or logo.
But, if you can prove it was stripped/removed buy an infringer, you can show an infringement was 'willful'. (Cha-Ching)

Well on my camera, I have my copyright settings and author set to my full/legal name, and I assume when I put photos through Lightroom, it still keeps that information?

How do I set the max size?

TheKenTurner said:
Well on my camera, I have my copyright settings and author set to my full/legal name, and I assume when I put photos through Lightroom, it still keeps that information?

I don't use Lightroom but I'm assuming it's somewhere in the export options. Google/YouTube could help better then me.

I'm not sure if I size right but I usually do 650 pixels on the long side with 72 PPI for forums. You should resize for web on your website too. I do know you can create a preset in LR so it will do it automatically for you.

TheKenTurner said:

How to Resize Images in Lightroom 2.

Thanks, I already know how to do that, but I like to still export full size unless I know I'm going to use the photos for a specific reason that doesn't need resizing.

TheKenTurner said:
Thanks, I already know how to do that, but I like to still export full size unless I know I'm going to use the photos for a specific reason that doesn't need resizing.

Ok but that means your going to post full size images online. Can't you export multiple copies of the same image? One websized and one full size??

Edit: I'm using the app for the forum but it let's me choose attachment settings and you can change it so it attaches a lower res picture. Assuming you can do the same on the forum

MTVision said:
Ok but that means your going to post full size images online. Can't you export multiple copies of the same image? One websized and one full size??

Hmm, I guess I should do that! For my website I end up doing that in photoshop so I can add a perfect watermark.

-Ken Turner

KmH said:
PPI is meaningless online (electronic display), because there are no inches, only pixel dimensions.

Good to know! :)

I usually do 650 pixels on the long side with 72 PPI for forums.
PPI is meaningless online (electronic display), because there are no inches, only pixel dimensions.

To set upload3ed image size limits (not Attachment limits) here at TPF, at the top of each page click on Forum Actions > General Setting. Scroll down to Thread Display options -
Image Resizer - Width -
Image Resizer - Height.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back