self portraits "Senses" C&C please

LisaK24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are the first two photos in a series I'm doing dedicated to the five senses :] Self ports are kind of a new venture for me, I'm still learning, as well as practicing my post processing.

Please feel free to leave some feedback!

>1 Smell
2912411258_66aa17a7fe.jpg

>2 Hear
2914990254_d682cfc05c.jpg

Oh, and check out my flickr link if you want the full description of each photo, complete with anatomy facts/tidbits (since I'm such an anatomy geek!)

I'll post the rest of the series as I finish them in post.
Thanks for looking! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Nicely done. A couple of thoughts: In both images I'd like to see just a little more open space image right, and I think your main light is just a little strong; not much, but the right side of your face seems just a hair over-bright to me. Regardless, I think you're on to something here; keep at it!

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Nicely done. A couple of thoughts: In both images I'd like to see just a little more open space image right, and I think your main light is just a little strong; not much, but the right side of your face seems just a hair over-bright to me. Regardless, I think you're on to something here; keep at it!

thanks for the feedback!
my main light was natural light from a large window....the photos weren't that bright SOOC, so I may have overdone it a bit in PP...

and here's the rest of the series.... :]

>3 Touch
2917655091_4618b05b1d.jpg

>4 Taste
2923042548_cc592ea62e.jpg

>5 Sight
2924321513_fa48cb4d3a.jpg

Again, check my flickr page if you care to read the full text with each photo. Personally, the last one is my least favorite...I felt it wasn't creative enough/lacked something extra. But of course I'm my own worst critic.

Let me know what you think! Be brutal, I can take it :mrgreen:

i think taste would be better if she were actually tasting something.

i think taste would be better if she were actually tasting something.

I wanted to use an apple for that shot, so that I could bite into it, but an orange pepper was the best I had at the time.... :[

you can bite into a pepper!

(just like the guy on iron chef)

拍摄得还可以吧,不过有点像纪念照。

You have some incredible natural light going for you... I think some of your post processing is harming rather than helping. Some are bordering cheesy. #1 in its simplicity is absolutely the best of these!

you can bite into a pepper!

(just like the guy on iron chef)

true, I can! :]

You have some incredible natural light going for you... I think some of your post processing is harming rather than helping. Some are bordering cheesy. #1 in its simplicity is absolutely the best of these!

thanks for the feedback. This series was also a chance for me to practice some post processing techniques, hence the "bordering on cheesiness" I guess! So that's something I need to work on.

Most reactions

Back