Self-Portraits

Oh well... here goes:

me.jpg

me2.jpg

Meh, okay, a picture of myself... Gah, I hate pictures of me...

pureugly6rw.jpg

GAH!! It's hideous! Oh, wait, it's me... x_X God, I'm ugly...

Well there are some handsome ladies & gents that frequent this board!

I'm no oil painting but i decided to post a self portrait i took when i got my very first camera about 7 or 8 months ago or so. It was a terribly cheap 3mp kodak digital camera about the size of a small continent! The images were really soft and looked almost airbrushed(luckily for me!) :)

I then progressed to compact casio 6mp, wasn't too happy with the quality of this and then decided to sell it and buy a canon t90 and stick with film. I've been much happier with the quality of results. I haven't looked back and have been loving every moment of getting out taking pics!

The first pic is a straight pic of me in the dark, i was away with friends in a caravan in wales and i decided to try a self portrait!

Click the thumbnail for a larger pic

I also had an attempt at a pop art version! It was my first attempt at messing with the thresholds to get rid of the details and leave behind strong lines that could be filled! It's a pretty basic effort but i have since made much stronger ones of friends and family.

Again click the image to get a larger pic

Hope you like my ugly mug :)

All the best

Laudrup (Adam)

virenko said:

Wow. Comfortable position! :shock:

(Outch!)

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Vera.
As it seems, we have many a self-portrait thread going on, one here in the Welcomes and Introductions, one in the Photo Themes, and the "New Arty Farty Self-Portrait"-thread in the General Off Topic Discussions. Feel free to visit all of them (there are different photos in the respective threads), and please add this one here to the ArtyFarty pics, will you?

I had actually posted these in the arts fartz thread. I think this is a more appropriate place.

_MG_9698t1-vi.jpg

_MG_9702t1-vi.jpg

Now that you have posted these in TWO of the THREE self-portrait threads that exist on TPF, go and post them in the Photo Themes self-portrait thread, too. Then you acquire the title of "True Spammer of TPF" :greenpbl: :biggrin:

Most reactions

Back