Selling low-res photos

selo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a photographer and we do photography of newborns babies kids and families. We offer our customers package deals with all varying from prices and the product they contain. We also create a gallery on our website where customers can login and see all their editted photos. From that gallery they are able to buy different kind of product. Also they are able to buy it digital in high-res.

We were thinking of also enabling the option to buy cheaper low-res photos so they can share it on their instragram or facebook etc. However besides making the customer happy with a cheap digital photo i only see disadvantages.

I can imagine people printing the photos anyway and be upset by the quality which will gain us bad reputation. Since most people won't bother about the quality untill they print larger sizes.

I actually thought 20 minutes a go that it was a good idea to offer the lowres photos but now im thinking its a terrible idea.

So is it a bad idea?

bump. I myself was interested in thoughts on this.

I have found that many don't understand the difference between a high and low resolution image, therefor will print either or. I would not offer a low resolution option unless you are sharing on social media yourself with your watermark.

^Agree with above notion.
also, consider adding a disclaimer stating that these are not meant for print/ rather social media.

Most reactions

Back