Selling my Photos Online and protections

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by sikanx, Jul 19, 2010.

1. sikanx

sikanx TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi , i have been shooting since many years ago and i recently decide that i could make a fortune out of it.

Anyway, since i am not too computer-savvy so i let a friend of mine to setup my own photo selling website and do all the hosting etc.

I am wondering what is the best way to protect my photos from stolen, i cant trust my friend 100% and he will have access to all my images, thank you

2. Morpheuss

Morpheuss TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I would suggest if you can't trust your friend 100% you should have him show you what to do and you do it yourself.

3. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    The 'best' way to protect your photos from being stolen is to NOT put them online.

If you don't trust your 'friend' you need to take control of your web site, it's as simple as that. So you need to become computer-savvy.

Over the last 5 years the number of photos for sale on the Internet has E X P L O D E D and the competition for sales is intense.

Consequently, the effectiveness of your promotion and advertising for your web site will determine how big a fortune you make from your years of shooting photos.

4. Flash Harry

Flash Harry TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    just sit back and wait for the money to come rolling in then, get your "friend" to wear a blindfold and write these words on every shot, "Please, do not steal me, I am for sale so my owner will be rich soon" H