Selling Photos in coffie shops?

wesd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbywesley.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know that some photographers display there work in coffie shops to sell them. Does anyone here have any expirance? I was thinking about going around to some off the shops in downtown manchester, and some of the surounding towns, but I was unsure the best way of presenting my work to shop owners. I mean I got a couple of options I can either bring in my work framed, photo books, or I couple pull off some kind a slide show useing my laptop. Anyway I was woundering what you guys think, or if anyone has some tips for talking to managers?
Wes

How about a large Kodak Frame. I got one for the S/0 that has a CF slot in back, just load the card with gigs of good shots and put your info on about every tenth image. A nice slide show for his customers and maybe a sale for you.:thumbup:

Wes,

One way to present this to managers is as a "partnership." For instance, you could offer the manager 15% of all sales... which would then give them some incentive not only to hang your work, but to tell their customers how great she thought it was.

And I'd use a professional-looking portfolio to showcase your work... this has more of an impact than a laptop presentation does.

I was thinking of doing this too.

From your experience do coffee shops want just still life, nature esque shots or do they also want (or allow) portraits of maybe a pretty girl or something like that?

If you let the coffee shop hang large portrait prints, they get free wall decor and additional door traffic when friends and family of the subjects stop in to see it. You get free, remote advertising space.

Coffee shops around here hang work as opposed to buying it. Works out really well. Your opening reception brings in business. The traffic in the venue gets your work scene by a lot of people. Usually there is a waiting list, so approach the venues as soon as possible. Have fun! Hanging your work is very rewarding.

Have a cohesive body of photos and make them look professional. Talking with managers is the easy part, be yourself and be confident. Window or dry mounted is best. Sleeves can be acceptable. Showing up with your laptop is generally a no no.

Love And Bass

I would say the laptop slideshow would help but definately have some examples of the prints that you want to hang mabye even 1 in the frame presented exactly like you want to hang them in the shop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back