Selling Question

cogi59

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a little confused trying to sell my 5d2 on craigslist and a local photog buy/sell forum. I'm getting all these super lowball offers and it's making me wonder if I need to drop the price at all.

The camera is in mint condition, only a year old and has no cosmetic or mechanical issues. I still have all accessories and box and original receipt (pro photog that I bought it from about 4 months ago)

I have a the BG-E6 battery grip as well but only the one battery that came with the camera.

I have it listed for $2250 OBO (canadian) but I'm getting offers for anywhere from 1500-1800. People are giving me links to us1photo (which I know is know for scams) cause they're selling 5d2 bodies brand new for $1900. Whereas all the majors (BH, adorama, etc.) have it for around $2300 for body only and the lowest local retailer here in Vancouver (Broadway Camera) sells it for $2399 +tax of course.

I'm willing to negotiate with these guys but the offers seem soo low to me, I'd rather just keep it if it's worth that little now.

Is my pricing right??? or do I need to lower it more?? Plllleaaaasee help mmmeeeee :p

Last edited:
Generally speaking, for a one year old camera you shouldn't expect much more than 75% of what it's selling for new Right Now.

As the camera gets older expect that to drop. As an example, right now a D300 is selling for 62% of new.

Adding the battery grip may sweeten the deal and make it easier to sell but it really doesn't add any value, at least not to me :)

Just for the heck of it why don't you do a search on ebay for completed listings for your model and see what they are going for ?

Cheers, Don

Most reactions

New Topics

Back