Semi abandoned textile factory (56k and arachnophobics beware)

(Ghastly) Krueger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a very old textile factory. Back in the day (50's - 60's I guess) it was a very elegant series of buildings... one of the best places to work in.

Some decades ago, foreign comptition ended the local textile industry and the factory was abandoned and closed. Years later, some families moved ilegally into the buildings.

Recently, those families were "relocated" and some of the buildings have been restored. No idea what use they get now. I guess the rest of the buildings will also be restored in a couple of years, so I thought it would be a good moment to capture... and when they are done compare the result.

Comments are appreciated and you can edit anything and everything.

1.- A corner tower
PICT0004.jpg

2.- The outer wall. (Semi-restored)
PICT0012.jpg

3.-A side patio
PICT0009a.jpg

4.- Side wall

PICT0004a.jpg

5.- Close up of one of the doors.
PICT0005a.jpg

6.- Th church (At least I guess that's what it is)
PICT0008a.jpg

7.- Top view. Here you can see the difference between the restored andunrestored parts, especially the roof.

PICT0001.jpg

8.- The river / The sewer. This should be one of the most beautiful parts when the whole thing is restored. I guess they used the river for energy / waste disposal when the factory worked. It will also be the most difficult part to recover due to the polution in the river. The stench in this part was aweful!
PICT0015.jpg

9.- Another viewe of the last zone.
PICT0017.jpg

10.- The main entrance. Restored and well kept. Gives an idea of how things may turn.
PICT0011.jpg

11.- Finally, a little guy that startled the silk out of me. (Yep, the arachnophobia part)
PICT0012a.jpg

I hope to get another chance to explore more eventually.

Thanks for looking

I like #10 the best. They are all good (well I hate spiders) but the rest are good.

Another abandoned site thread!
It seems to be TPF Abandoned Sites Week (or Month) ... not that I would mind!!!
You did not venture inside, though? Like GrayFox would have done, or Ab$olut? ;) ;) ;)

I really like the photo of the yard ... which one is it again, hang on... #3.
And also the corner tower in #1.

All in all I must say that your entire series gives us a good impression of the place and I am glad to hear you are making it your personal assignment to record (in photos) all of the before and (later) after. Cool idea!

oldnavy170 & GrayFox: Thanks! Glad you liked them and thanks for commenting.
LaFoto: No, I did not go inside, for different reasons:
-Time constraint: I escaped work for some minutes to take these. The factory is on my way from home to work, so I had had time to think which parts I wanted to shoot... but only the outside.
-Access: This is semi-abondoned. Part of the buildings have people workin inside... and is closed to public for now. I need some more time to explore it by foot to find interesting and accesible places inside.
-Age: I guess I'm not as youg and reckless as those guys :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back