Semi-nude abstracts (1st attempt)

poorstudent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A friend is redecorating her appartment and asked me to take a few abstract body-shots of her, me and our other friends... I'v never done any studio photography before, let alone abstract studio photography, and only had a tripod, flurescent desk lamp and a manually-fired off-camera flash unit - but even with all this against us i think we ended up with some really nice shots... please comment... no really, commenting makes the world go round!

1)
Male_chest_by_martinandout.jpg

2)
Female_curves_by_martinandout.jpg

3)
Back_symmetry_by_martinandout.jpg

4)
Profile_in_the_key_of___S___by_martinandout.jpg

5)
Flesh_Landscape_by_martinandout.jpg

6)
Blueron_by_martinandout.jpg

Thanks for looking!

77 reads with no replies? My photos must kill viewers instantly...

So in the words of the creatures that hide in the night... "BUMP!!!!!"

Hehe, perhaps we are a little slow :) Nice shots, the big black areas work well, but the seriese is let down a bit by the out of focus bits of 1 and 4, perhaps making it more difficult to see the nice bits of the rest? Personally i would have liked to see some really sharp bits, perhaps skin detail or something, to give a reference, but thats my personal taste. Keep them comming, it would be cool to see some more.

tim

I think #2 is the best pic, but I would crop the head on that one. And #6 is a nice serene portrait.

as for the views and response: that's not unusual. Just keep bumping the images..:)

pascal

#2 and #4 are the ones that caught my eye, although the DOF is a bit off in #4. Still, I like the lighting and composition. Keep shooting!

Well, I like the lighting, expression, exposure and colour cast of the last photo. The others don't speak to me that much.

I like 'em. #1 could be sharper under the chin, but I like what you've done here. I like the "bodyparts" type of shots, that's when the imagination kicks in. :)

I thought no6 was the besty. I thought 1 and 2 were way off with the focus and/or camera shake.

Good attempts though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back