Semi-Pro Drifter

True that. You have more control drifting AWD vehicles, but you need the added hp to push out the rear. I have drifted an evo as well... although it's harder with their electrical tranny. I had an LSD on my AWD and it made it easier... I think. I used to race anything mitsubishi... Evos, my GS-T, and GS-X (I had both at different times).

Yea I'm real DSMer...the love for our cars over the last 7 years (24 of them) is just crazy. We have collected the Starion/Conquest as well (which started 3 years ago). My son owns a starion and my husband is making his Conquest into a full blown drag car. Are you on NABR or anything?

Yea I'm real DSMer...the love for our cars over the last 7 years (24 of them) is just crazy. We have collected the Starion/Conquest as well (which started 3 years ago). My son owns a starion and my husband is making his Conquest into a full blown drag car. Are you on NABR or anything?
Your son owns a car???? You dont look anywhere near old enough(basing on your avatar picture) for that. :wink:

Your son owns a car???? You dont look anywhere near old enough(basing on your avatar picture) for that. :wink:

Yep, he bought his first car (92gsx 4 bolt) 6 years ago if that tells you anything. He's now on DSM #9. My daughter is on dsm #4.

Sorry MiaS13-didn't mean to take away from your pic thread. I just have a big love for cars and get carried away talking about them. :heart:

And thanks Mgw189...that's what everyone tells me.

i dont know why you guys consider "drifting" but theres a reason the pros use RWD vehicles. you cant sit here and argue that an AWD vehicle is going to out perform a RWD car. it makes no sense, the point is to loose traction in the rear not chug the rear around aimlessly.

example
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWfMD3rtZ-A[/ame]

Last edited:
i dont know why you guys consider "drifting" but theres a reason the pros use RWD vehicles. you cant sit here and argue that an AWD vehicle is going to out perform a RWD car. it makes no sense, the point is to loose traction in the rear not chug the rear around aimlessly.

example
YouTube - KUMAKUBO & TANAKA SILVERSTONE DRIFT

Oh by no means did we say an AWD vehicle is going to "out perform" a RWD. We were just saying they are used. I LOVE RWD vehicles. We have a conquest and a starion. RWD fun! Those are definately the best to use and what the pro's use. We were just saying AWD can be done and is used in competitive competition (around here).

Big props to you and your friends cars. Those were some very nice shots. I love the car as well! :heart:

Oh by no means did we say an AWD vehicle is going to "out perform" a RWD. We were just saying they are used. I LOVE RWD vehicles. We have a conquest and a starion. RWD fun! Those are definately the best to use and what the pro's use. We were just saying AWD can be done and is used in competitive competition (around here).

Big props to you and your friends cars. Those were some very nice shots. I love the car as well! :heart:
thanks

Nice shots Emil! I'll be out at the next event with my new D60 to snap some shots as well. :)

Most reactions

Back