Send photo directly to a Monitor

cassiehowell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm researching what equipment/software I need to allow a user to take a picture with a digital camera and have the image displayed imediately on a monitor. I would prefer wireless but this is not a must. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Some cameras come with software that allows this via the USB connection. Canon Remote Capture, for example.

Canon also has a Wireless File Transfer device...
WFT-E1
WFT-E2, for the 1D mk III exclusively.

Nikon has a wireless hand grip, I believe, that can be used with their software for real time viewing and storage as well. If you had a long USB cord, you could hook one up that way (you'd also want to be running AC), the question is Why? If you are doing a school shoot or something I could see it but otherwise it sounds very cumbersome.

mike

Olympus also has the software (not included in the package, a $100 option) for their E system cameras to control the camera and bypass the CF/xD card, allowing you to view and store directly on your PC. USB wired.

This camera is being used at a picture station. Where users will take pictures of parts (30 or so at a time). Each time a picture is taken the user will scan a barcode that will name & store the image in the appropriate location. Its much more efficient to name the images as they go to ensure the correct picture is assigned to appropriate name.

I have been toying around with the WIA code but everytime a teather the camera to the computer via usb it disable the camera's ability to take a picture. I currently have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85. I have also tried this on a Nikon D50 and a Powershot. Same results.

bypass the CF/xD card to view and store directly on your PC.
That's interesting. Canon's set-up doesn't bypass the card, which means that the number of shots are still limited by the size of the card.

Yup from what I've read, it sends it directly to the PC, it specifically mentions bypassing the cards.

Hi, if I'm not mistaken, with a Nikon DSLR and Capture you control the camera's shutter, focus and exposure with the laptop. You don't have to touch the camera at all.

Put it through a network and you wouldn't need to even be in the same building.

mike

ttt

HELP!! I wawnt to teather my 50D to either a laptop or preferrably right to a sony projector! Any suggestions.

I dont need to see the photo b4 shooting but after I shoot, Id like the image to appear for my customers to view!

Nikon Camera Control Pro can send directly also to a program that shows it on the monitor immediately... by passes the card as well.

Wireless solutions are still very slow and costly though, USB 2.0 is much faster and less expensive.

The general method is called being "Tethered" or "Tethered Shooting". I've done it a few times. It's OK in situations where the camera doesn't move (is fixed on a tripod). The Nikon wireless solution is expensive and slow.

There are some solutions out there that are cheaper but lose some functionality.

Something like the Canon EOS Utility?

We still don't know if the OP is Canon, Nikon, Holga or something else... lol

Knowing that would be a good start.

Actually, looking at the O-Post, I have a strong feeling it's a P&S.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back