Senior 2010...Jessica

Montana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Never before have I had a client that knew exactly what they wanted. She had the location, poses and final print look already in mind. It made for a tough shoot. All of her poses made her look heavy, but once I realized that she was totally self confident and happy with her appearance things went smoothly. Can I get some feedback on these? She wanted a desaturated (flat in her words) look for some. Then when we were shooting during the golden hour of sunlight, she was so excited because the location looked beautiful. ( the wagonwheel and hat shots) But when she saw the proofs, I had corrected the white balance of the "golden hour" shots, and she wanted them warmer to reflect the exact time. She seemed more about preserving a memory than final output. And, her parents are paying the bill, so they get what they want. Let me know what you think.

IMG_1195desaturated004.jpg

IMG_1201005.jpg

IMG_1204006.jpg

IMG_1356015.jpg

IMG_1365016.jpg

#1 has some stray hairs that need addressed before final prints, but what are your thoughts about the hot spots? They look to me like they need removed/toned down.

I'm really not fond of #1 overall. The pose is fine, especially if that's what the client wants, 'though her left arm looks ummm.... freaky. The desaturated look rarely (IMO) works for people, but again, if that's what the client wants... I would definitely try and do something with the hotspots in the ceiling. The contrast between them and the desaturated tones of the image means that my eye goes there every time.

#2,3 seem like her skin is about 1/2 stop over

#4, 5 I really like. Great use of warm evening light - yes it is a bit warm, but I really think it works. Did you consider using a CPOL to enhance the sky at all?

One suggestion that I would offer when you get clients like this is to of course take the shots they want, but also do a few that you, as the photographer think might work and then show them both to the client. Often times what they have in mind is some romanticized image from a movie or magazine that doesn't really translate all that well into real life...

Overall though, nice work!

Just my $00.02 - your mileage may vary.

Thanks tired. About the circ. polarizer....I always have one with me, but we had hiked into that location and unfortuneatly it was left in the large camera bag at the car. I did take tons of my own creative idea photos. That is why they ended up with 70 proofs when all was said and done. I only posted these because I am torn about they clients wants and the final product. I guess it just comes down to getting paid. LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back