Senior Basketball

keith foster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.keithdewey3.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took the idea for this shot from Benji over at the Camel. He did a variation with a baseball player and I really liked the shot.
I did this one for one of my senior shoots. It was his and his mom's favorite of the day.
I wish I had shot it on seamless paper to keep the wrinkles out but this is what I had set up so went with it.
This is my 1st year doing senior portraits and still have much to learn.

Would appreciate your critique.

4526924935_d1a1a3826a.jpg

Thanks,
Keith

I don't do senior portraits however I do take photos in the spring of middleschool / elementary school kids. This is similar to something I've done with some of the basketball players there so I may have some tips.

First I feel the position he is laying is quite awkward, as well as his face / arm placement. Maybe if he were standing he could have concentrated more on his face (thinking it would be more natural for someone to spin a ball standing up)

The dark shadow cast is a bit strong as well, though you are aware of that.

Other than that though I like the idea, and as long as they are happy then all went well!

Thanks guys. Excellent suggestion about having him stand up for the shot. I don't really have high enough ceilings to make that work (I am having the suspended acoustical tile ceiling removed this summer) but I could have had him seated or something and then maybe just show upper body and ball.
Thanks for the tips. I always appreciate the help.

Most reactions

Back