Senior for c&c

Lys87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Havent posted anything since July last year, so i thought i'd see how you guys think im doing now...thanks!

Tera253.jpg

Tera211.jpg

Tera182.jpg

Tera162.jpg

Tera070_1.jpg

#2 is the only one I see with interesting composition. Lighting is good in all of them. However her smile and overall facial expression is lacking any interest. There's a personality in there somewhere, next time try to tease it out a little more.

i really like the idea on number 1 nice and crisp looking

I think #1 would look so much better with her feet up in the air behind her, head cocked to the side a little and smiling more. Maybe I read too many Max Brooks books but it almost looks like she has no legs and is crawling down a dirt road - no I'm not trying to make a joke of your photo, please don't take it in a bad way.

I like #3 and #4 a lot though

#3 I'd like to see straightened out, but the lighting on her is good and she stands out against the dark background well.

#4's a bit warm, and I might try to crop a little off the left and desaturate the yellows in the foliage.

EDIT: Wow... I mixed up the numbers, sorry. (was calling 3 '2' and calling 4 '3') Fixed it

Last edited:
C&C per req:

1. This is a really interesting image. I like the idea, and while there is sort of a 'disembodied' look, I think it's unique and a good image. My only niggle is that you have the vanishing point too far behind her, so the road is really leading your eye right past her. I would suggest the image would have been much stronger had she been a few feet further back.

2. A classic, but too much 'empty' space, and a very distracting background.

3. Nice, good use of the dark to highlight the subject, but I think the WB, esp. around her face could use a little adjustment as it seems very pale.

4. Rather too centred for my taste, but again I like the composition of the subject in relation to the tree and grass. Agree with the comments concerning WB.

5. A nice expression; I would prefer to see this as a vertical orientation with a little more body visible. The monochrome conversion is a bit mid-tone rich; I would suggest a slight contrast increase and perhaps some levels/curves tweaks. As well, the image seems slightly soft to me.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

#1 looks to me like shes buried in that dirt...perhaps one step to either side would have negated this illusion.
i think im digging #3 the best.

Thanks everyone for your input! :sillysmi:

I think #1 she needs to have her feet being shown...
It looks like she is just a head from the way the picture is situated.

The more I look at it the more it creeps me out! haha

Over all, nice lighting.

#1 gives me the creep...I keep thinking she is buried in the road.
#2 too much dead space to her right. There's a tree branch coming into the back of her neck and tiny branches emerging from the other side of her head.
#3 I like this one except the door way is crooked. Perhaps that's what you were going for?
#4 She is too centered IMHO, but otherwise, I like the photo.
#5 This could have been a really nice photo. Her pose looks interesting, but alas, I feel you cropped her too close.

My 2 cents: I think you should go for a wider range of expressions. Her expression is strangely similar in all of these, and she looks strangely out of touch with her surroundings. She's a pretty girl , her beauty won't suffer from a serious face.

My 2 cents: I think you should go for a wider range of expressions. Her expression is strangely similar in all of these, and she looks strangely out of touch with her surroundings. She's a pretty girl , her beauty won't suffer from a serious face.

She reminds me of a couple friends I have who have their "picture face"...if you look through 10 years worth of albums, they have the same expression in EVERY picture... I think a serious look, or even maybe showing some teeth would have been better. As far as the picture quality, I thik they came out pretty good.

Thanks everyone...she is one of them people that you can take 1000 pictures of and has the EXACT same smile in every one!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back