Senior Forum Members, PLEASE HELP! In need of some advice :/

I am kinda upset you didn't do it yourself, at least tear down the old one.

tsk tsk tsk

I got margaritas to drink.

uh, don't come on my property and destroy my **** and not expect a tort claim.

No one is going to sue me for being awesome.
for what loss. a deck already being claimed on insurance as a loss? good luck pal.

If you showed up and another crew was already doing the work, how would you have reacted?
i wouldn't have been bothered. Its only a couple hours to rip down a deck that size. And there is still a wait time for the insurance check so no rush.
now, if i already had materials purchased and on site, the new deck half done , had a subcontractor on it and already paid them half up front. And the check was being cut to someone else THAT would have caused a problem. But obviously before it got to that point the homeowner would have told me someone else is doing it.

I had four contractors come out to my house to get an estimate to rip out my deck and install a new one; I'm kinda upset you weren't one of them. My deck would have been ripped out for free without a contract, and then I could sue you for damages to private property, even though I wanted it gone in the first place, and all the money I made from you in civil court could go to the contractor I actually hired and signed a contract with!
this isn't the first time i've seen you write something like this. you seem like one of those very sue happy people trying to get something for free. some people are like that, they just want to use others and get something for free. Its a weasel type mentality. And some day you are going to run into the wrong person, pull this kind of thing for real, and they will take everything you have. just to teach you a lesson. i've yet to have anyone sue me and win. no why? im not out to screw anybody else.

uh, don't come on my property and destroy my **** and not expect a tort claim.

No one is going to sue me for being awesome.

Well so much for the Kumbayah/Smores plan. Ah well. Looked so promising on paper too. Sigh.

I had four contractors come out to my house to get an estimate to rip out my deck and install a new one; I'm kinda upset you weren't one of them. My deck would have been ripped out for free without a contract, and then I could sue you for damages to private property, even though I wanted it gone in the first place, and all the money I made from you in civil court could go to the contractor I actually hired and signed a contract with!

tsk tsk tsk
Oh I can understand why he didn't. You see in N. Virgina the do demolition same way the fish. One stick of dynamite or two?

tsk tsk tsk
Oh I can understand why he didn't. You see in N. Virgina the do demolition same way the fish. One stick of dynamite or two?

you need a permit to breathe in N. Va anymore--Blue state.

Most reactions

Back