Senior Pics

Carson38

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My sister asked me to do some senior pictures of my niece. We all had a blast and was hoping for some feedback!

k34.jpg

k27.jpg

k69.jpg

k51.jpg

Have you ever considered how a crooked photograph will look framed and hanging on a wall?

Here are some that aren't crooked, I only took a few like this cuz they are fun to me and they liked them a lot.

k23.jpg

k84.jpg

k4.jpg

i like them i would probably play with the white balance and the contrast a little to see if you can get the colors to look a little brighter

I def. like the ones that aren't crooked much better.

The only thing I can say with my untrained eye is that I feel like there should a little less open space on the top section of the pictures. Its seems a bit distracting to have that much open space overhead.

If you look at the background and tell yourself its beautiful, let me place the subject there, then I would suggest a greater dof as I find myself wanting to see the scenery around her but its blurred and blown out (#2 and #4). If you do not want to include the background then a more solid backgound such as bushes, flowers, trees (not landscape) should be used and a shorter dof (1, 3 and 6).
I personally do not like the slanted images but many do. Its just personal taste.
In almost every shot a limb or joint has been amputated, just an observation.
Bottom line is if she enjoyed the photos thats what matters but we all can improve.
Keep shooting and posting.:thumbup:

I agree with everyone else. Slanted pics don't work well. Also you cut off her feet/hands/fingers. A more shallow DOF would be better.

I know that I cut of her hands and feet, I need to get a closer shot of her torso and face so that she could put one of these in the year book. And her school did want a full body image. But I have a lot with her full body in them.

I think slanted photos have there place. They give a boring shot some pop. This is just my opinion and I tend to steer towards modern photography styles. Yes, even if some say that it is not true photography. The old fashioned by the book style won't fly in 8 years. If you are wanting to make a living at it, you have to step outside of the box. Fashion photographers use a slanted angles all the time. Keep practicing and keep up the good work! I am relativly new to portraiture, so take my opinion for what it's worth. I just know what I like and don't like regardless of what a book will tell me.

I think slanted photos have there place.

Sure, slanted photos have there place... a giant burning heap IN HELL! :greendev:

Sorry, I really really hate obnoxiously tilted photos... A crappy photo is still a crappy photo if you tilt it 45 degrees. A boring subject is still a boring subject if you tilt the camera 45 degrees. Actually they're even worse, because it's a crappy photo that tried to utilize art-gimmicks.

But, my pet peeves aside... most of the images seem kind of 'flat', and a few are a tad overexposed. #1, why is she grabbing her leg? That doesn't look natural at all... Aside from the hand placement and tilt it's not too bad.

I like image 1 in both sets of photos you posted. I agree that you should play with the contrast and such on all the images and make sure you are cropping them well, for instance in image number 1 in the second set you posted I think there is to much dead space above her head. I am guility as well of chopping off body parts!

I think slanted photos have there place. They give a boring shot some pop. This is just my opinion and I tend to steer towards modern photography styles. Yes, even if some say that it is not true photography. The old fashioned by the book style won't fly in 8 years. If you are wanting to make a living at it, you have to step outside of the box. Fashion photographers use a slanted angles all the time. Keep practicing and keep up the good work! I am relativly new to portraiture, so take my opinion for what it's worth. I just know what I like and don't like regardless of what a book will tell me.

Thank you Joshua for standing up for me. I think everyone has there own opinions. I also I agree that we need to step out of the box a little. Thanks for your comment!

Most reactions

Back