Website
goldshieldphotos.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
untitled-4007.jpg
untitled-4050.jpg
untitled-4066-2.jpg
untitled-4071.jpg
I bought some pocket wizards and tried one out in a soft box... Please C&C as needed...

Rule of thirds it's good but I dont like how you apply it. Why did you leave so much empty space behind his bag and almost no space in front of his eyes/head on the photos 1,2,4.

Agree about the composition. If you're going to have empty space in an image, behind the subject is not generally the best place. I think #1 would be much stronger if you were to crop away just about everything to the right of his back. I like #2 in terms of the concept; I wish you'd turned his body a bit more toward the camera, and watch the details. The little wisp of hair protruding under his wedge is NOT ideal. Like #1, #3 could stand to lose the whole right side of the image. You've also lost some detail in the vest, but that should be recoverable with the blacks & shadows sliders in LR. The 'off-camera gaze' of #4 is really more of a fashion pose, I'm not sure that I'd use it in a situation like this, but I guess it gives him an 'air of mystery' that kids his age like. Don't forget to remind them clients at the pre-shoot consult about the importance of ironing clothes!

Just my $00.02 worth - YMMV

~John

Rule of thirds it's good but I dont like how you apply it. Why did you leave so much empty space behind his bag and almost no space in front of his eyes/head on the photos 1,2,4.

I didn't want to have him in the middle of the frame so I left it with the rule of thirds in mind. I think I might want to have the space in the direction the subject is looking and not so much of it...

Agree about the composition. If you're going to have empty space in an image, behind the subject is not generally the best place. I think #1 would be much stronger if you were to crop away just about everything to the right of his back. I like #2 in terms of the concept; I wish you'd turned his body a bit more toward the camera, and watch the details. The little wisp of hair protruding under his wedge is NOT ideal. Like #1, #3 could stand to lose the whole right side of the image. You've also lost some detail in the vest, but that should be recoverable with the blacks & shadows sliders in LR. The 'off-camera gaze' of #4 is really more of a fashion pose, I'm not sure that I'd use it in a situation like this, but I guess it gives him an 'air of mystery' that kids his age like. Don't forget to remind them clients at the pre-shoot consult about the importance of ironing clothes!

Just my $00.02 worth - YMMV

~John

I have a shot of him turned more like in #2. He had a black suit coat that was worse than his vest and I told him not to wear it.... I'll get the vest back up some.

By the way, both he and his dad jumped at the last as his senior picture.

Thanks guys!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back