Senior Picture

karissa

The Untitled
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, most of you know I'm about to graduate. I still have not taken my senior pictures. I know a guy here in my home town that does a really good job but I just don't really know what I want to do yet. I want something unique, classy, and something that would describe me in a way. Those that have been here a lot the last few days have a pretty good idea of what I'm like. I'm was thinking that maybe you all would like to put your 2 cents in. I'm open for wardrobe (MD and all the others I must be fully clothed they are for my parents also!), background, props, or other ideas you have. Remember guys, clean.

Oh, I'm very visual person so if you happen to have a picture of your idea... even better but not a requirement by any sort.

Thanks!

shot in the dark here but karissa, do you happen to be from NOVA? if so, tell your mom that i'll have to visit her this week during my spring break.

man that sounds terrible...its really not supposed to sound that way, but there is no way i can phrase it, i'm like a son to her.

if you go with black and white... go with black and white film, not the fake stuff or unsaturate it in photoshop. That takes a lot of the class out of a black and white in my opinion. But a good black and white would be a really classy and different way to go.
Think about who you are and what you do. Take along a prop (but don't do a karate pose... I've seen that and it's pretty lame.)
Be different is probably the key. My picture was taken by the same guy who takes 80% of the sr. pics at my school. Somehow he managed to take a completely different shot outside and I got a lot of comments on it (i'm not good looking, so that has to be it)

Face said:
if you go with black and white... go with black and white film, not the fake stuff
I don't know. I rather liked the T400CN (now discontinued) and the Portra C41 B&W (now BW400CN). They can be hard to print using B&W paper if you aren't used to them, but I was scanning and they gave me great tones.

As far as the pictures go, I wouldn't try too hard to be different. I find that it often shows as being kind of fake. I would just be concerned with showing who you are, and you would be the best judge of that. Just ignore what others are doing. It doesn't matter if it's wildly different or very similar to someone else's, as long as it's you and shows who you are. Even the simplest pose can do that. Being relaxed and confident in the result is the key.

I don't have an ideas myself, but agree with markc

My idea would be to go through you cd collection or music stores... pick up some cds of chick singers you like and see how they were photographed. You can get some really good ideas that way :)

vonnagy said:
My idea would be to go through you cd collection or music stores... pick up some cds of chick singers you like and see how they were photographed. You can get some really good ideas that way :)

Hmm... I like this idea.

I have a hard time trying to figure out what would be me. I have like a million different sides :shock: :?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back