Senior Portrait Shoot Coming Up. need a little help

Are you saying I should charge her then? I already said I would for free. But maybe if she wants prints made by me I will say I can't do that for free. I do not want to lose money on it haha.

thanks again everyone

Are you saying I should charge her then? I already said I would for free. But maybe if she wants prints made by me I will say I can't do that for free. I do not want to lose money on it haha.

thanks again everyone

I would do the shoot for free but charge her for prints.

yeah that sounds good. Thanks for that. So back to my original question, should i look into a longer lens or a lighting set up first? I might be able to get both if I use my birthday to my advantage haha

Actually, I agree: TFP/TFCD is the best way in this situation.

Get a brief contract written up and signed, get a model release in there as well. Yes, you need the model release just in case, even if it's your best friend in the whole wide world. Especially, though, if it's not. Google for one if you can't find it.

(note; TFP/TFCD - time for prints/CD.)

I 2nd this, get a brief contract and model release. Signed by both parties and by a 3rd party that they witnessed the signing. If she is under 18, one of her legal guardians need to be with her and they need to sign it.

In the US any contract signed by someone under 18 is NOT a legal contract and will NOT hold water in the court room.

yeah that sounds good. Thanks for that. So back to my original question, should i look into a longer lens or a lighting set up first? I might be able to get both if I use my birthday to my advantage haha

if your canon I would go with a 70-200 2.8L.

I say long lens. You get more drop off and you don't make her face look fat that a wide angle lens would.

I just recently made a thread about this and the response i got was very much "lighting lighting lighting!"
So i got a studio set up in my home, and used that was left for a decent senior portrait lense. I also shoot with a D40!

Awesome! I think I am going to buy the lighting and ask for a lens for my bday. so I might be able to have both for her portraits! haha.

So I should have her and her mom there for the shoot? I was just going to suggest a friend or parent come along

Most reactions

Back