Senior Portraits Please C&C!

misstwinklytoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, these are some senior portraits I did. Let me know where I can improve. :) Thanks!

flick18.jpg

flick17.jpg

flick16.jpg

The obvious thing is focus and second is poses,the first shot is a no no, the up the nose is not a good pose

Thanks gsgary! I figured the nose thing was a no no, but I've gotten a lot of compliments on that pic. :D Ah well! This was only my 3rd or 4th time using the camera ever. I've learned a lot about focus since then. I hope it will show in the next set. :)

Just curious: As long as the up-the-nose shots don't show any intra-nose details, is it really that bad?

#1 Focus is off

#2 Focus is way off and the bokeh looks really strange...was this cropped?

#3 Although I really wouldn't consider this a portrait, I could see how a senior in HS may like this one.

If you're not using center point AF, which seems to be the cause of misfocus in these pics, I would start using it. When you have all AF points selected, you're letting the camera choose what it focuses on based on contrast. Select only the center point, and you tell the camera where focus should be.

BTW, #2 is the best of the bunch, tho it appears left leg and forearm are where the cam focused.

Looks like a female foot fetishist's dream set...

I agree with the above comments. On #1 I can't see anything that's really in focus, plus the pose is meh. On #2 it looks like a bad scan of an old picture. Again focus issues.

2. has a strange facial expression, and his ear/face is blurry, also the lighting is bad.
1. is just a strange angle.
3. is cool. but not really a "senior photo" :p

Looks like a female foot fetishist's dream set...
HAH! That's too funny. His mom was there and -hated- the shoes he was wearing so we were forced to barefoot.

Ironically though, I snuck in that shoe picture and she LOVED it! :lol:

Just curious: As long as the up-the-nose shots don't show any intra-nose details, is it really that bad?

#1 Focus is off

#2 Focus is way off and the bokeh looks really strange...was this cropped?

#3 Although I really wouldn't consider this a portrait, I could see how a senior in HS may like this one.

Yeah, me and my sucky focus. I'm still learning though and I'm determined to have awesome pics to show you guys.

#2 was cropped.

#3 :D He liked it and his mom hated the shoes but loved the pic.

Hrm...I'm not trying to limit you or anything...but it's only the 3rd or 4th time you've used the camera and you're trying to shoot Senior Portraits? No offense but I don't really think you're qualified to do that type of work with your experience level.

For one, you'll either need some good Flash equipment or you need to move to a better part of the day (best time is just after sunrise or just before sunset -- positioned so the sun is hitting the person with the angle you want it). Then you'll need a tripod, use Center-point focus, and focus on the eyes.

2. has a strange facial expression, and his ear/face is blurry, also the lighting is bad.
1. is just a strange angle.
3. is cool. but not really a "senior photo" :p

OMG He had a strange facial expression in almost every photo. He hates pictures and his mom was kind of forcing him. Although he was very happy after he saw the pictures!

I'd do a reshoot, but unfortunately he was in a horrible accident recently and has a broken ankle, wrist, and neck. >.< Fortunately, though, he's alive, which if you saw the car, he shouldn't be!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back