20i6uzr.jpg

xo1tav.jpg

Jono

297o6c.jpg

u7fqf.jpg

Last edited:
feedback....c&c??

Well, to be honest...

Starting with number one; It appears a little out of focus and grainy. It's also over exposed. His face loses the 'skintone' and turns a shade of white. Know what I mean? Looking into sunlight is never a flattering picture. The crop at the very tip top of his head and bottom of his elbow is also a little weird.

In the second one; I don't understand why he's so far away. Not very reasonable for a senior portrait. (Which are normally headshots or close-ups.) And...it's just a weird distance in general. There's a whole lot of nothing to the left of him. Cropping out that giant planter box and most of the space above his head would have done wonders for the shot.

The third; Looks like you blasted him with some straight on flash from the on-board flash on your camera. 'In the pockets' is a nice choice of pose for a young man, but I feel like his shoulders should be a bit more relaxed or something. He also appears disgruntled by the flash blasting him, or standing in sunlight, or whatever's caused him to squint.

The last two are...also over-exposed, and why is his tie flipped over his shoulder in the first one? I can't even imagine what would naturally cause that other than placing it there. Again it seems a little fuzzy/out of focus. He's against a brick wall, even wind directly hitting him wouldn't have done that. Looks unnatural, you know?

Overall, I'd have found somewhere less drenched in sunlight and keep your focus in check.

Not trying to be overly negative. Keep shooting, I look forward to seeing you do more and improve upon what you're learning.

Best of luck.

Most reactions

Back