1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

Senior Portraits

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by icdapoakr, Mar 21, 2006.

1. icdapoakr

icdapoakr TPF Noob!

Took some senior portraits for my friend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The first two make her look like she's an amputee. I think if you had moved a little bit to the side, this one would've been really nice. #3 would look nicer if you cropped off a little bit more of the right side.

3. icdapoakr

icdapoakr TPF Noob!

thanks for the comment

i'm horrible with poses. i didnt realize that about the amputee and the last picture was more of a test shot but i liked it.

4. nymtber

nymtber TPF Noob!

uh....have her smile? :)

my brother did my "senior pictures" almost 7 years ago. i think he ended up taking a roll of film, if not more. most of them turned out very well, and i think i was his first "real" portrait work outside. never made many prints though, just enough for my mom LOL

1 and 2 look a bit washed out, maybe you want to meter on her face instead? i dont know i havnt gotten into that much (yep i better go find me a book on metering :D)

well have fun, if you have a digital, at least you can do a LOT of playing around!!!

5. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I like your choice of locations, and I think they can work well for you. Posing didn't come naturally to me either, and it's something I still struggle with. I spent a lot of time browsing websites of other photographers, reading books and just trying different ideas.

6. Soraiden

Soraiden TPF Noob!

I like the concept of the fence behind her, but maybe step over to the right, so her body is at an angle to you (so she isn't flat/straight forward toward the camera). Angles are more flattering :)

Then have her just glance toward you with her head, not her body. Her foot can still be up on the fence, but have her leg at a wider angle.

I did my first photos ever, as senior portraits for my boyfriend's little sister (last year). It was a lot of fun...for me, her and her mom.