Senior Truck Pics for C&C....thanks

In His Image

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few truck pictures with my brother who is a senior. I have not had time to edit them yet so, therefore, none are edited lol. If you have any good ideas with what to do with them let me know! Thanks for all your comments!!
IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

The seem pretty underexposed to me. They all have pretty flat boring lighting, maybe wasn't the best day for the shoot. The pictures are definitely more about the truck than about him, which may have been just what he wanted. Not a fan of the exhaust plume in the first picture.

Overcast skys wont blow out as easy as you think they will
Turn off your evaluative metering and meter the subject, bring down your shutter speed to control blow out. You'll find a happy medium that you can easily PP.

Yes, the shoot was about the truck more than the boy. The smoke was a must as he is a full 102% country boy. The dark lighting was something he wanted, which still needs a little bit of lightening, but he wanted it for the tough look and I think we acheived that. Thanks for all your comments!!

i can only see 1 and 2 for some reason.

the 2 i can see are very underexposed, and unfortunately, im not getting the 'tough' look you were going for here.
if these were shot in raw you could add some exposure and maybe save them.

i tmight look cool if you are able to brighten it up, maybe burn the sky a little bit and make those dark clouds really pop...that might add some of the tough image you were gonig for.

post results...id like to see the finals of these. :D

i dont mean to sound harsh, but there is NO detail in the truck whatsoever (in the first 2 anyway)

How about B&W. Here's an example:
2zhnk45.jpg

just playing around with the truck. ;)
300ruyw.jpg

Last edited:
IMHO, way too underexposed and not enough of the guy. It would be hard to see him in a small print and if you had more kid and just part of the truck you'd be better off. The focus of these pictures are just Dodge Cummins diesel which is a subject I love, but not the main subject of a senior portrait.

Derrick

Haha Mikemicki!! I love the one where you played with it LOL!! I laughed when I saw it!! But yeah thanks GeneralBenson, that's great!! Yeah I will post the edited ones when I can edit them....my scratch disk is currently full, so therefore nothing can be done on photoshop right now....I'll clean in up hopefully tomorrow or Sunday and get right on these pictures!! Thanks SO SO much for all your comments!! Everyone of them is MUCH appreciated!!

One question real quick, is there any way to do anything as far as HDR in PS elements?? Like I have a few pics with the sky looking as it does in #4....or would that take away from the dark heavy tough look?? I'm not sure....I've not been in this long enough to know what goes and what doesn't professionally speaking....

Most reactions

Back