Seniors and Photography

Clutch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been looking for a camera club to participate in and they seem to be quite difficult to find here in south Louisiana. I finally found a club and went to my first meeting last night and it was quite surprising. So y'all know, I'm 49 years old with a birthday coming up next month. Once I got to the club's meeting I find I'm likely the youngest person present!

I found it to be a wonderful thing that so many seniors are not only interested in digital photography but just how many of them are just starting and still learning digital photography. It's refreshing to know the old saying, "You can't teach an old dog a new trick" simply doesn't hold water.

Everyone was respectful of each other and helpful in answering each other's questions. Suddenly there I was... me, the eternal amateur... suddenly being asked question by little old ladies wanting to have photographs that do justice to their skills with scrapbooking! :lol:

I guess my point is it's never too late to learn something new - including photography - and whatever your personal reasons are for wanting to learn then that's a good enough reason to go out and learn.

So for those of you new to digital photography be of good cheer, if a little old blue-haired lady can get the shutterbug and improve her pictures then you can too!

Honestly I must admit I can't wait for the next meeting!

Good luck and good shooting!

I am glad you are going to continue - I joined our local club a couple of years back after retirement having been taking pictures for nearly 60 years! Since moving to digital I find that my interest has been renewed as well as somenone at the club pointing me to the world-wide fellow photographers on the various forums. It is wonderful to share one's real interests and not just printing the family record shots for "senior management". For years I have been gathering old photos of the village , scanning and restoring which have now formed the basis of a village archive - made easier now with a digital camera as well as scanner to record changes in the village and try and match the pictures of 100 years ago.

Most reactions

Back